ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:39 pm

Clovis wrote:IMPORTANT HOTFIX, fixing a large event bug, hindering AI to build properly new units by using regional policy...

This 'Important hotfix' includes the deleted 'First hotfix'? or the First hotfix was bad?

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:41 pm

Some errors and warnings occur in main log :AI set local interest :0;200 .. etc or "FullDebug: Script Engine Error(s), while parsing line 94371 AddRgnDecisionAct = RGDCONSCRIPTION;CURRENT"

and " => AddRgnDecisionAct, Invalid decision, UID found 0"

Red AI had very cautious movements while playing as SB whites,that this hotfix is necessary I see. I upload scripts in case.
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

ScriptReport.rar
(144.71 KiB) Downloaded 238 times

vonRocko
Colonel

Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:49 pm

Can I get the hotfix in a zip file? Those rar always give me trouble.

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:56 pm

vonRocko wrote:Can I get the hotfix in a zip file? Those rar always give me trouble.

+1 for a zip file.

Clovis

Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:06 pm

ERISS wrote:This 'Important hotfix' includes the deleted 'First hotfix'? or the First hotfix was bad?

The hotfix is comprehensive. Hotfix1 was good but uncomplete.

Here the new one, in zip format ;) . It fixes too the 2 other script errors reported A misplaced r and a lacking s, life is so cruel :D ).

Unzip all the files in RUS /Events directory.

Once again, important fix as AI had troubles because of a bug to build new units. Compatable with all current games.
Attachments
Hotfix2.zip
(50.24 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

vonRocko
Colonel

Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:23 pm

Thanks Clovis.

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:35 pm

Yes...Thanks for the zip file. Outstanding support :thumbsup:

Clovis

Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:53 pm

oldspec4 wrote:Yes...Thanks for the zip file. Outstanding support :thumbsup:

Thanks but I would largely prefer not introducing new bugs when fixing older :D

Fortunatly, by looking at the events files, it seems almost all bugs are either fixed or will be soon, tonight maybe.

:w00t:
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Alexor
Lieutenant

Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:46 pm

Well sorry to say but I've just finished a game with the Siberian Whites (victory in Nov19) and some functions never worked, I built 2 factories in 2 towns that never showed up and a tankodrome in Vladivostok that also never appeared.
(And yes I had enough $, WSU and EP's)
Everything else seemed to work fine (special ops, recruit prisoners, raise $...) beside the "get new general" which was working 1 out of 2 times more or less (the later in the game the less it was working I noticed).
The game is awesome otherwise, too bad that this recurrent problem spoils the fun a bit.
I hope it's because of the various RC patches and hot fixes that I applied during the course of the game (I started the game with RC2 and finished it under official patch 1.01).

Clovis

Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:55 pm

Alexor wrote:Well sorry to say but I've just finished a game with the Siberian Whites (victory in Nov19) and some functions never worked, I built 2 factories in 2 towns that never showed up and a tankodrome in Vladivostok that also never appeared.
(And yes I had enough $, WSU and EP's)
Everything else seemed to work fine (special ops, recruit prisoners, raise $...) beside the "get new general" which was working 1 out of 2 times more or less (the later in the game the less it was working I noticed).
The game is awesome otherwise, too bad that this recurrent problem spoils the fun a bit.
I hope it's because of the various RC patches and hot fixes that I applied during the course of the game (I started the game with RC2 and finished it under official patch 1.01).

I believe I've just at last found the bug in industrial process. :)

So unzip the Hotfix3 archive in the RUS/Events directory. In bonus, I made a few changes to the Red AI

The archive is comprehensive with all events files of Hotfix2.

Compatable with current games.

Oh, I forgot, next time AI will build more. So victory in November 19.... ;)
Attachments
Hotfix3.zip
(83.85 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:07 am

As SB whites, in first turn of the game I can make requisition from caucasus region , receive money and war supply. Other turns region is locked as usual for operations.

Edit1: As southern whites, requisition from only 1 region in north east of Ural (Tomsk I think) mountains cancelled, other regions(Siberian white control) give money and supply and locked after.

Edit2: Thanks for your efforts about the quickfixes by the way :)

FatalMad
Private

Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:19 am

Thanks...Clovis :)

SEPRUS

Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:58 am

Latest hotfix added in the first post.

Alexor
Lieutenant

Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:35 am

Thx for the latest hotfix Clovis. I'll try it right now and start a Southern White campaign, it should be harder than with the Siberians.
One last complain/remark...the "subversion" special ops is never available. Has anyone here managed to use it with the Whites?

Oh and one last thing...what's up with that empty land next to Ekaterinodar in the Kuban being an objective ?? It's very weird, when you use the "objective" filter and look at the Kuban you have Novorossyisk, Ekaterinodar and...Kurganyisk. It's obviously some bug, was it meant to be Armavir maybe ?

Clovis

Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:09 am

Alexor wrote:Thx for the latest hotfix Clovis. I'll try it right now and start a Southern White campaign, it should be harder than with the Siberians.
One last complain/remark...the "subversion" special ops is never available. Has anyone here managed to use it with the Whites?

Oh and one last thing...what's up with that empty land next to Ekaterinodar in the Kuban being an objective ?? It's very weird, when you use the "objective" filter and look at the Kuban you have Novorossyisk, Ekaterinodar and...Kurganyisk. It's obviously some bug, was it meant to be Armavir maybe ?

Subersion is only a communist RD.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:27 am

Clovis wrote:Subversion is only a communist RD.

At least, the Whites did some tricks against the makhnovists, trying to prevent them recruiting troops (i.e. decreasing the Black influence for the Green one). They may succeed in some way, but I don't think that was very effective. Maybe they tried something against the Reds too??

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:28 pm

Is it actually wad for Siberian whites do requisition in first turn in caucasus? :confused: (Miles away) As historically there were power shifts between , whites, bolsheviks or Azerbaijan, british forces etc, Ottoman,
Mixed bag conflicts.

Clovis

Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:30 pm

Baris wrote:Is it actually wad for Southern whites do requisition in first turn in caucasus? :confused: (Miles away) As historically there were power shifts between , whites, bolsheviks or Azerbaijan, british forces etc, Ottoman,
Mixed bag conflicts.

No, but it's a current system limitation. I will try a workaround soon. In any case, Regional policy lasting 2 turns, such a decision in Caucasus will be canceled turn 2, so ;)

But i agree, something has to done...and tested first. :)
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:38 pm

Clovis wrote:No, but it's a current system limitation. I will try a workaround soon. In any case, Regional policy lasting 2 turns, such a decision in Caucasus will be canceled turn 2, so ;)

But i agree, something has to done...and tested first. :)

But actually it doesnt cancel after 2 turns, it gives money and war supply. Also as playing Southern whites some regions controlled by Siberian whites gave also money and supply after first turn requisition.(in 3rd turn only 1 of them cancelled) They lock in second turn of the game.

Edit: Oh ok it will be cancelled after workaround thanks :)

Edit 2:Maybe Cacassus situation can be treated like in Kentucky mod in ACW, Some wanted Reds some didnt, it wasn clear. But self-determination they wanted can complicate things.

Alexor
Lieutenant

Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:21 pm

I just started another GC game with the Southern Whites. Now turn 5, I've been sitting with my Army on top of Ekaterinodar for 2 turns in Assault posture but beside breaching the walls nothing happens (and my Army are not disorganized either).
I've sent you the files by email...

edit/ I think I know why now: with my main Volunteer Denikin Army there was also the Shkuro division on defensive order (in a separate stack). Once I moved these out the Denikin stack finally "obeyed" my orders to assault the town.

Clovis

Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:29 pm

Alexor wrote:I just started another GC game with the Southern Whites. Now turn 5, I've been sitting with my Army on top of Ekaterinodar for 2 turns in Assault posture but beside breaching the walls nothing happens (and my Army are not disorganized either).

edit: so maybe a bug. To investigate :)
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

caranorn

Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:03 pm

Alexor wrote:I just started another GC game with the Southern Whites. Now turn 5, I've been sitting with my Army on top of Ekaterinodar for 2 turns in Assault posture but beside breaching the walls nothing happens (and my Army are not disorganized either).

edit/ I think I know why now: with my main Volunteer Denikin Army there was also the Shkuro division on defensive order (in a separate stack). Once I moved these out the Denikin stack finally "obeyed" my orders to assault the town.

Your edit explains it. Armies only engage in combat if no other force of yours is present in the province. That is so Armies can act as reserves, rather than the brunt of your force. The effective way to use them is with Corps engaging in combat and the Army then reinforcing the corps (and drawing additional corps in easier) once combat has started...
Marc aka Caran...

andatiep

Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:00 am

Some Whites' Great Campaign reports (repatched 1.01, hotfix3)

- General Miller (north white): a partisan pop up ability would be better than +3 conscripts per turn if in a level 5+ town, which never occur, the only towns 5+ in the North are Petrograd & Moscow, which he can't reach before the end of the game (if ever)...

- British siberian military advisors unit : better give the ability +1 experience point per turn to the units in the force like in AACW, because for their current yellow ability (force's leader transform 2 conscripts per turn in regular) it will never works, since this support unit will never command a force... Same for the German advisors unit i guess, among the finnish.

- how to build redoubt ? there is no special order, like the one "Build a fort" (which need the new text "Build fortified lines", at least in VF).
I have a force with 4 arty units (4 elements) & 4 supply units (16 elements) and the "Build fort" button is still not available and i don't know where to clic to build redoubt.

- South white : USS Olympia (USA) and one Destroyer & Transport Div. have no ports on the map where they can have a rest (except Mourmansk maybe but when it's icy... can't they go in Britain ?).

- As WHI (south white) player, you still can build North White faction cavalry but there is not replacement which exist for it to buy...

- in Early January 1919, 3 White forces pop up in south Ukrainia (Melitopol, Simferopol, Sevastopol), but there is no messages to alarm the player that there is this new units he should care (and soon because of the winter). Maybe some message which also explain how they came (French/British fleet desambarking diaspora ? Local revolt ?). Same story for the british & french fleets which pop up in the Bosphore (Turkish Straits).

- As soon as the Melitopol div. pop up, we can order it to march to the anarchist depot of Huliaipole, which is empty of defenders. No Makhno army still in late january 1919 ? Although the happening event which annonce the arrival of the Tachankas warfare from the anarchists in the game...

- Comments on AI (even if i only train myself for PBEM) : I won too much big battle where the Reds had enormous trapped losses just because they defend almost always INSIDE the towns/structures...

- Siberian armored cars have lost their interesting special ability (armored support for infantry) ...and armored trains still have it (but can't be merged...).

- After tchekish evacuation is declared, it is still possible to buid tchekish arty, armored trains and supply, but there is no replacements for them... is it WAD ?
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

Clovis

Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:15 am

andatiep wrote:Some Whites' Great Campaign reports (repatched 1.01, hotfix3)

- General Miller (north white): a partisan pop up ability would be better than +3 conscripts per turn if in a level 5+ town, which never occur, the only towns 5+ in the North are Petrograd & Moscow, which he can't reach before the end of the game (if ever)...

- British siberian military advisors unit : better give the ability +1 experience point per turn to the units in the force like in AACW, because for their current yellow ability (force's leader transform 2 conscripts per turn in regular) it will never works, since this support unit will never command a force... Same for the German advisors unit i guess, among the finnish.

- how to build redoubt ? there is no special order, like the one "Build a fort" (which need the new text "Build fortified lines", at least in VF).
I have a force with 4 arty units (4 elements) & 4 supply units (16 elements) and the "Build fort" button is still not available and i don't know where to clic to build redoubt.

- South white : USS Olympia (USA) and one Destroyer & Transport Div. have no ports on the map where they can have a rest (except Mourmansk maybe but when it's icy... can't they go in Britain ?).

- As WHI (south white) player, you still can build North White faction cavalry but there is not replacement which exist for it to buy...

- in Early January 1919, 3 White forces pop up in south Ukrainia (Melitopol, Simferopol, Sevastopol), but there is no messages to alarm the player that there is this new units he should care (and soon because of the winter). Maybe some message which also explain how they came (French/British fleet desambarking diaspora ? Local revolt ?). Same story for the british & french fleets which pop up in the Bosphore (Turkish Straits).

- As soon as the Melitopol div. pop up, we can order it to march to the anarchist depot of Huliaipole, which is empty of defenders. No Makhno army still in late january 1919 ? Although the happening event which annonce the arrival of the Tachankas warfare from the anarchists in the game...

- Comments on AI (even if i only train myself for PBEM) : I won too much big battle where the Reds had enormous trapped losses just because they defend almost always INSIDE the towns/structures...

- Siberian armored cars have lost their interesting special ability (armored support for infantry) ...and armored trains still have it (but can't be merged...).

- After tchekish evacuation is declared, it is still possible to buid tchekish arty, armored trains and supply, but there is no replacements for them... is it WAD ?

1) Miller : no. Wasn't a partisan leader. His ability needs him to go to Petrograd...It it wsn't the case historically, at last the AI seems to prevent you to do otherwise... :w00t: . Giving him a partisan ability would distort reality.

2) Fortification have a higher cost.

3) ANA AI is certainly elsewhere in Ukrain. I' m currently fixing this.

4) AI is right when it defends inside structures. What would you say if it defended outside in winter? ;) RED AI can now afford large losses, as it builds more. And against AI, White AIs doesn't get so much losses.

5) Tchekist:It isn't wad.

6) armored trains won't be merged. We will review all abilitites glitches as soosn as possible.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

TheDoctorKing

Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:02 am

Forts currently cost 8 arty and 6 supply elements. This is most likely a mistake, so I have edited the Fortifiedlines.str and redoubt.str files so that they cost 6 arty and 8 supply.
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:19 am

andatiep wrote:- As soon as the Melitopol div. pop up, we can order it to march to the anarchist depot of Huliaipole, which is empty of defenders. No Makhno army still in late january 1919 ? Although the happening event which annonce the arrival of the Tachankas warfare from the anarchists in the game...?

Makhno starts fighting in Jully 1918 with a detachment of cavalrymen. September 1918 is the 'official' beginning of makhnovtchina when insurgent paesants, fighting succesfully against germans, adopt him as 'batko Makhno' leader, but it does not military expand before April 19 and then they are able (without Red help for months) to oppose the Whites.
September 19 is their first rout, ingeniously strategically converted in start of Denikin's army rout! in beginning October 19 (Orel was taken back by Reds 2 weeks later...)
Summer 20 is their 2nd rout. Year 21 is their 3rd and last rout...

andatiep

Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:47 pm

TheDoctorKing wrote:Forts currently cost 8 arty and 6 supply elements. This is most likely a mistake, so I have edited the Fortifiedlines.str and redoubt.str files so that they cost 6 arty and 8 supply.

OK, i will start to gather this amounts to test.

But where/how do you order a force to build Redoubts ? I don't see any special order button to clic.
I succeed to build a Fort/Fortified lines, but i don't understand the redoubt feature...

andatiep

Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:00 pm

Clovis wrote:4) AI is right when it defends inside structures. What would you say if it defended outside in winter? ;)

I was meaning outside a town but in the same region !
The force would still be anyway protected against the bad weather. Even if defeated toward a neighboring region without structure in winter, the forces have at least better chance to survive than all trapped inside and exterminated...

And the human player win easy NM and VP, simply disgusting... :D

Clovis wrote:6) armored trains won't be merged. We will review all abilitites glitches as soosn as possible.

Snif, i liked this idea :p leure:
Maybe at least let them at 0 CP , same for the arty.... :love:

Clovis

Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:30 pm

andatiep wrote:I was meaning outside a town but in the same region !

I understood indeed it was in the same region, but when outside and repulsed in another region, without structure, attrition applies. And the result would be almost the same as AI has yet some problem to retreat immediatly toward a structure during wonter...so better AI inside than outside.. :)
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Florent

Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:14 pm

After Rc4 and Rc 5 + 1.01 and Hotfix, i kept up in my campaign until CTD.
I still have the same Diplomatical options, 5 in all.
1. Declaration de guerre sur les Etats Baltes.
2. Declaration de guerre sur les Finlandais.
3. Declaration de guerre sur L( still not corrected or i have to start anew, what i will do rapidly)
4. Alliance avec les Anarchistes.
5. Briser l'Alliance avec les Anarchistes.

Then there are plenty of messages indicating new Diplomatical Options, 1 time or 2 i could have had 2 of them in one turn but of course none did show.

I build 2 Tanks plants but wasn't able to build tanks. I mean no Tank Figurines appeared at all !!!!

The campaign was nevertheless interesting but i'm curious to see what are supposed to be all these missing Diplomatical Options.

+ I saw somewhere in a screen about a white AAR some black Anarchist faction with Mekhno (the Guy showing in the diplomatic option for Alliance).
Is it normal that when playing Reds these black faction is nowhere to be seen ?

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”