BigDuke66
General

Original vs. Gold Version

Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:11 am

As owner of the original game I'm curios of what has really changed in the Gold version, according to the product page it seems a lot:

This new edition features
- Dozens of new historical events and semi-historical ones to give a permanent flavor to your games
- A myriad of new options and game mechanisms to immerse you even more in the Russian Civil War.
- A wealth of new political options, historical or alternate historical according to the player's choices, which impact resources, popularity and diplomacy to involve various playable factions.

- A Chronology of all the Events and Options of the game, so that players can prepare to the strategic choices they will have to do.
- New updated manuals in English, French, Russian with details rules and design analysis.
- A new updated Strategic map useful for your AAR and PBEM.
- Dozens of bug fixes and game balance additions, as well as hundreds of minor improvements based on the last 4 years of players experience and feedback.

Some points are self explanatory but others are just vaguely summarizations(I have marked them bold), can anyone provide details on these improvements?
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

andatiep

Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:29 pm

BigDuke66 wrote:- Dozens of new historical events and semi-historical ones to give a permanent flavor to your games
- A myriad of new options and game mechanisms to immerse you even more in the Russian Civil War.
- A wealth of new political options, historical or alternate historical according to the player's choices, which impact resources, popularity and diplomacy to involve various playable factions.

Well, all this is listed in the following .PDF "A Chronology of all the Events and Options of the game, so that players can prepare to the strategic choices they will have to do."

It's already 3 weeks i asked to Matrix/Slitherine for this resources to be upload on the forum, i'll continue to harass them.

BigDuke66 wrote:- A new updated Strategic map useful for your AAR and PBEM.
Again one of the resources that should be uploaded on this forum by Matrix/Slitherine.
But i did upload this map on the Steam site, here :
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=527831052

BigDuke66 wrote:- Dozens of bug fixes and game balance additions, as well as hundreds of minor improvements based on the last 4 years of players experience and feedback.

I will not provide details about that, it would takes me 4 more years. You can always check the differences between the Original Databases files and the ones of the Gold. Ten Thousands of lines are concerned. Good reading. :D
RUS Gold Database files are also still to be uploaded on this forum by Matrix/Slitherine.
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

BigDuke66
General

Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:44 pm

andatiep wrote:Well, all this is listed in the following .PDF "A Chronology of all the Events and Options of the game, so that players can prepare to the strategic choices they will have to do."
It's already 3 weeks i asked to Matrix/Slitherine for this resources to be upload on the forum, i'll continue to harass them.
I will not provide details about that, it would takes me 4 more years. You can always check the differences between the Original Databases files and the ones of the Gold. Ten Thousands of lines are concerned. Good reading. :D
RUS Gold Database files are also still to be uploaded on this forum by Matrix/Slitherine.

Looking forward to take a look at this.
Thanks for the map, did we get new regions too? I likely remember wrong but some of the off-map locations seem new to me.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:43 pm

BigDuke66 wrote:for the map, did we get new regions too? some of the off-map locations seem new

No. I think it's for the legend items make the off-map regions show more important.

BigDuke66
General

Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:40 pm

Not sure if anything was uploaded at Matrix, I didn't see anything and with the problem of the Beta Patch I guess Matrix games is not really reliable regarding this game.
Would be nice if someone uploads the PDF that was mentioned in post #2.

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”