Ebbingford

Saxon and Bavarian cavalry

Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:47 am

Playing as Austria I seem to have accumulated lots of Bavarian cavalry replacements. There are no Bavarian cavalry in the game though, they never took the field in the Seven Years War.
I have never seen any Saxon cavalry replacements though.
Could these Bavarian cavalry replacements please be swapped so that they are Saxon? :D

tyrex
Colonel

Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:28 pm

I don't think it should be possible. To have saxon replacement you'd have to control Saxony I think. So, until the austrians recapture Dresden, they should be no reason to have any replacement for saxon units.
But the bavarian cavalry could be delete for sure as they're useless :D

Ebbingford

Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:30 pm

But in the game Eger, although not in Saxony, is treated as a Saxon recruiting town just over the border.
If you can build new Saxon units and depot battalions here then I would have thought a few cavalry replacements a year would not be out of the question. ;)

OneArmedMexican
General

Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:45 pm

1) Isn't there the option to get Saxon cavalry replacements via EP?

2) Cavalry depot units, on the other hand, don't exist for any faction.

3) In the Seven Years War, it was still usual to replenish regiments with foreign mercenaries. Therefore, the possibility to build Saxon depot units in Eger, Hungry or Bavaria (which is also possible) - strange as it may seem - can be explained with historic realities.

Ebbingford

Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:13 pm

OneArmedMexican wrote:1) Isn't there the option to get Saxon cavalry replacements via EP?

2) Cavalry depot units, on the other hand, don't exist for any faction.

3) In the Seven Years War, it was still usual to replenish regiments with foreign mercenaries. Therefore, the possibility to build Saxon depot units in Eger, Hungry or Bavaria (which is also possible) - strange as it may seem - can be explained with historic realities.

1. No ;)

2. Correct :thumbsup:

3. I totally agree.

Each side gets several batches of cavalry replacements each year for each of the national armies. That is why in June 1762 I now have 36 Bavarian cavalry replacements. :blink:

tyrex
Colonel

Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:57 am

OneArmedMexican wrote:

It's possible for infantery for sure. But cavalry need other thing than just men. It needs horses...and trained one too. And the horses weren't soo easy to find specially for foreigners troops
Still doesn't explain why there's bavarian cavalry replacement though. Seems like a bug. Have you reported it to the support of Ageod?

lightsfantastic
Colonel

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:23 am

For the time being you can self-mod this without using the CSV splitter by adding directly to the "AustrianAllianceForcePools_Campaign" file in the events folder the line

ChangeUnitPool = $uni_BAV_Dra0;1
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_BAV_Cui0;1

in the Bavarian section of the force pool which is setup there.

It will give you the option of building one Bavarian Cavalry unit each of Dragoons and Cuirassiers.

IF one is willing to do some minor editing of the unit files you can put the number after the unit type AND the ; to 2 and edit the 389BAVDragoons and 390BAVCuirassiers to add these custom names in their respective files.

CustomNames = Hohenzollern Dragoner|Preysing Dragoner

CustomNames = Törring Kuirassier|Taxis Kuirassier

Bavaria had two regiments of Dragoons, the Hohenzollern Dragoner and Preysing Dragoner , and two of Cuirassiers, the Törring Kuirassier and Taxis Kuirassier. While they never saw service in the war...this is a what-if type of game so...why not have the option to build them. We are getting cavalry replacements for them.

According to Kronoskaf:
http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.php?title=Bavarian_Army
The regiments on an establishment of 9 companies with 38 men each, and in wartime organized in 3 squadrons. 35 men from each cuirassier company, and 17 from each dragoon company received mounts only in 1760. All Bavarian cavalry remained on peacetime establishment and did not take to the field.

Of course one could be excessive and put in every regiment, battalion, squadron, etc from kronostaf if one wanted to. :wacko:

As far as Cavalry Depot units...until they are implemented in a patch you can go into the "ROP Options Replacements" file and change the line TurnIndex for the CAV and Heavy CAV events for all nations to this

TurnIndex = 2;6;10;14;18;22

This gives you a forty percent chance every two months to get a chance for buying cavalry replacements (2 regular or one heavy) for the major nations with your engagement points.

Of course one should back up their files before doing so.

PhilThib

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:48 am

Good suggestion(s) :coeurs:

Now if someone would like to built a "next Patch wishlist" somewhere in this forum with a summary of all what you would like to see, I can squeeze a little time in my packed schedule by end of the month to do it for you :cool:

lightsfantastic
Colonel

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:26 am

I would say either a cavalry depot battalion for light and heavy cavalry AND/ OR make the changes in the "ROP Options Replacements" file like I have shown.
The minor powers would still get their replacements as normal.

I fooled around with the increasing the probability (75% chance) for the cavalry as well, but it severely unbalances the game with WAY too many chances for the AI or Player to build cavalry replacements.

Allow the player to build Bavaria and Wuttemburg Cavalry units with the AustrianAllianceForcePools_Campaign changes.

Otherwise I'm happy with my Purchase. :thumbsup:
And since it's pretty easy to make minor changes I can institute my own...house rules and desires.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:31 am

Excellent suggestions.
I think it is better to go with "ROP military Options Replacements" then cavalry depot bns. As they will take ages to build.
Also French need to be strengthen a bit about their building capacity of replacements in cities. In a balanced game Aus can run out of money, but it is heartbreaking to see when there is few money to spare but not enough building capacity to build.

With Rop military options France get one cavalry and 1 elite . Their starting forces of heavy cavalry units consist of only 1-2 elements. It can be better that, they able to receive 2 replacements via options. Generally they have a lot cavalry replacements but mostly heavy cavalry units.

Elite units promoted from regular models can not be merged with same models(regular) promoted to elite. This makes Elite replacements even more valuable and scarce that only option is to disband those depleted elements.

lightsfantastic
Colonel

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:01 am

On the money front I think there needs to be a huge increase in the money available for the Austrian Coalition. We are talking about three empires (France, Austria, Russia) and two minor powers (Sweden and the Holy Roman Empire).

Narwhal

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:05 am

lightsfantastic wrote:On the money front I think there needs to be a huge increase in the money available for the Austrian Coalition. We are talking about three empires (France, Austria, Russia) and two minor powers (Sweden and the Holy Roman Empire).

Actually, French and probably also Russian cash were at an historical low during the 7 years war. A large part of the little money the French could find was used to fund the navy or combat in other theaters. That leaves only Austria to pay for the other. And they have to pay for all those armies on the battlefield.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:24 am

There are some random events in game making French, Russian losing cohesion and health because of wages not paid in time Narwhal. As currently good amount of French join the war as elite units. In military options they have one elite replacement versus 2 elite Prussian counterparts. When French lose elite units it is nearly impossible to get their health in better shape. Maybe negative random events can be increased about wages but I think it is better to increase money increase options for Aus coaliton like Prussian manpower problem.

Return to “Help to improve RoP”