Here's one save and backup with this NM problem from AACW

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost....&postcount=205

In this one from RoP the second battle I think is wrong

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost....61&postcount=1

And another one from RoP.

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost....1&postcount=19

Also see the post by Baris

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=187384&postcount=4

All have battles where you are told you have lost the battle and lost NM, but your NM has actually gone up and each battle has in fact been won.

Pocus

Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:19 am

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Ebbingford

Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:28 pm

:thumbsup:

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:42 pm

From my understanding(Thanks to my excellent English :blink: :D ) Battle points will be main factor about only the decision phase of the battle whether it will be a victory or not. So it wont be possible to have any kind of victory battle report by taking so many hits from the enemy which is triggering NM loss.

in before "holding the ground" was the main factor about win or lose battle report.

"Deciding who is the winner or loser of a particular battle is now more accurate and will use 'Battle Points' granted for particular situations or damages done to opponent. "

Thank you for your innovative efforts and ideas :thumbsup:

Pocus

Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:37 am

That's it, and your English is as least as good as mine :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

OneArmedMexican
General

Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:01 pm

I guess everyone playing RoP has had some battles where the result seemed really of.

My question is: Beside the hit points inflicted are there any other factors which can influence the calculation of NM loss or gain.

Here is an example: One of the bloodiest battles I have ever had. I was defending and held my ground however the French didn't retreat either. At the beginning of the next round all envolved armies were positioned at Frankfurt.
I lost 451 hit points the French 1270. The NM gain was some meagre 5 points. 5 points??? More then 800 hit points difference are only worth 5 points? :confused: I have lost/gained more over 100 points difference.

A statistical abnormality doesn't make much sense here (with such high casualties the chances should even out). Therefore, once more my question: are there factors in the calculation I am not aware of?

Edit: I actually gained another 5 NM from a second battle in the same round. However, it took me only 250 hit points difference that time.

Edit: A round later I gained another 5 NM for a battle in which 1200 of mine and 3000 French troops died. Difference in suffered hit points: 130.

If one compares those results, things start to seem rather arbitrary.
Attachments
screen7.jpg

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:46 pm

5 NM gain is low indeed. In my smaller battles I remember I got 9, 10 or so.. . But I think there is a limit about NM gain or loss in battles for game balance not sure ..

"Losing depleted elements will cost less morale. " Beta 7 notes.
As French lost many elements, that can be the reason? But you better post save game.

Pocus

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:07 am

I will post a new beta version this week, at most Friday, because this problem is fixed now.

Return to “Help to improve RoP”