Emeg
Private

Gamemap Wesel area

Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:03 am

Living in the Netherlands near the German border (not far away from the Wesel area) I have some comments about the gamemap. Different region names have for me a wrong name. Below I have placed an altered gamemap with some some suggestions.

First the region north-northwest of Wesel that is named Brereford. I have never heard about this name. Possible is Bredevoort meant, a very small city in the Dutch Achterhoek. The correct name of the game region Brereford should be Bocholt. My suggestion is to rename Brereford into Bocholt. This region is located north-east of the Rhine River, so why is it connected with the off map region Brussels? In real there is a main road running from Wesel to the north-west via Rees, Emmerich into the Netherlands to Arnhem.

I have renamed the region with the origional name Bocholt into Raesfeld.

Second, Deventer is located further to the north-west, I suggest to rename the region north of Bocholt into Achterhoek. The Achterhoek is not a town but in the Netherlands well known as the geographical name of a country side in the east part of the country.

Third the region Aahus. Aahus is a city in Denmark, the correct name should be Ahaus. But I have renamed that name into Borken, the capital of the district (Landkreis) Borken where Ahaus (and part of the Bocholt region also) is a part of.

At last the region Oldensael. In the game it belongs to Westfalen, Central Germany what is wrong. Oldensael is of course the town Oldenzaal situated in Twenthe, the Netherlands. So I suggest to make Oldenzaal Dutch instead of German. An alternative for the name Oldensael is Enschede.
Greetings, Emeg

PhilThib

Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:09 am

Thanks for spotting and reporting...we want to collect all remarks about the map before working out a significant map change :thumbsup:

Return to “Help to improve RoP”