Metalist
Sergeant

For Whom the Bell Tolls

Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:31 am

Hello!
I have decided to send some screenshots from my second campaign, version is 1.03a. Scenario's start date is Early September, 1756 (longest one) but i am in Late July, 1759 at the moment. First, AI settings:

In my opinion 1.03a is much more challenging than 1.02, mostly because a more careful Austria and a better organized Sweden. So i strongly recommend you to start a new game in this patch as Prussia, if you haven't already. Let me show you the current situation:

In South, Prague is besieged by a 90000 army of Austria, Heinrich is inside with 24000 men. Frederick himself has 31000 men under his command, on the way to save Prague and more importantly, his brother Heinrich. Schwerin has 17000 men, but when he recovers completely, he is gonna have 22000. This my safest front.

Unlike my first campaign, i abandoned Königsberg when von Lehwaldt had retired. Russians have started to invade my mainland, they captured Kolberg. I tried to save the city with Keith, who is the commander of North, but failed. Russian army has 100000, with full recovery 120000 men, and my North army has 58000, full recovery 65000 men. This is my most difficult front, i can't send reinforcements to Keith in near future. I hope he can survive Russian onslaught till winter.

In West, i am suffering from an organization failure. Ferdinand is still two star general, so i can't make him the general of West, and i don't want to let Cumberland manage my armies in battles. That's why he is away from battlefield, and problem is that i can't make synchronized attacks. Kassel is hopeless, i will try to hold Lipstadt and Munster as long as possible. Numbers of both sides are nearly equal here i guess.

Further information:

Fortunately, Coalition has a much lower NM than i have, and also i have a nice amount of VPs. But Russians do frighten me, i have to make sure they don't merge their armies with Austria's. If they make combined operations i am done i guess. Also please tell me how can i make Friedrich and Heinrich fight at the same time in Prague when one of them inside of city and the other one coming from outside. I will make quick updates, i am a slave of this great game nowadays. Thanks for reading :)

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:24 pm

For Prague, you wait until breach. As far as I remember Prague needs 3-4 breach for assault. If at that level of breach you attack with Frederick as an army commander. Then sally out with Heinrich as corps commander. That way maybe they will synchronize more.
And thanks for sharing.

Metalist
Sergeant

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:19 pm

1759, Early August

Schwerin was ready to attack, he saved Brieg. This battle improved Schwerin's skills greatly.

Frederick encountered an 15000 men Austrian force at Koeniggratz while on the way to Prague. Also you can see at the bottom left of screenshot that another Austrian force is coming to Prague, this ain't good.

Russians are on the move to Schwedt, and my forces' cohesion is still low. I shouldn't have attacked to Russians at Kolberg :confused:

Baris wrote:For Prague, you wait until breach. As far as I remember Prague needs 3-4 breach for assault. If at that level of breach you attack with Frederick as an army commander. Then sally out with Heinrich as corps commander. That way maybe they will synchronize more.
And thanks for sharing.

Thanks a lot Baris :)

Metalist
Sergeant

Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:40 am

1759, Late September

Ferdinand saved Munster with 2400 casualties, while enemy had 3100. Kassel has fallen and French army is advancing. Since winter is close, i don't expect a direct offensive to Hannover, Lippstadt may be their new target.

Prague siege reached two breaches, Frederick is moving to city hope he and his brother can coordinate in battle. This can be a turning point. Schwerin continues to his offensive, giving another hit to Ausrian force: 1500 casualties while Prussians lost 200 men. He will rest in Troppau, then will siege Olmutz.

Rather than testing my army in Schwedt, Russians are moving south. I think Kustrin can be their target, so Keith and his corps are moving there to set a defence.

Metalist
Sergeant

Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:55 pm

1759, Early October

Frederick crushed Austrians, a glorious victory! :dada:

124 cannons and 2 supply units are captured from the enemy. Prague is saved, Austrians are now trapped inside of my territory, and winter came in both West and South. I won't allow Austrians to escape easily, entering to Prussian territory is hard, leaving is even harder!

I don't understand what these Russians are planning to do :confused: They are moving south, are they gonna siege Silesia in winter?

Metalist
Sergeant

Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:31 am

1759, Late November

Frederick and Heinrich finally caught Reichsarmee at Koeniggratz, several battles occurred:

After these crushing defeats, Reicharmee retreated to inside and Frederick sieged the city! This is a great oppurtunity to finish Austrians off and send support to elsewhere! However, my forces' cohesions are low, so i am sending Schwerin in order to make sure they don't make me break off the siege.

Russians are retreating because of winter:

In West, French decided to rest in Kassel, yet one of their corps, which i have no idea where it come from, sieged Hannover. I will try to beat them with British Contigent:

After disastrous defeats and event of "Battle of Quiberon Bay", Austrian morale fell down to 31! I guess the bell tolls for Austrians :cool:

Return to “RoP: Rise of Prussia AARs”