I think that there are a couple of glitches too. I have made a list in this thread
and I copy it here just to make it more visible (7) is the problem of which we are discussing in this topic).
1) F1, F2,...,F6 buttons cover the menu they open, i.e. they do not stay in the background;
2) the 2 brand new scenarios have no hint but just dots in the scenario selection;
3) in the scenario selection the 1757-64 scenario appears 2 times;
4) the update button in the menu does not work (i.e. it just open the browser);
5) I have ended with a stalemate the Maria Theresa at Bay scenario and the end screen is not displayed correctly;
6) if I click on the decision mode 2 hawks appear;
7) "Show political states" and show "political region" buttons do not work;
8) the clock on the top right of the screen does not tell you the turn number;
9) if I choose one decision by clicking on it, then the green terrain should always indicate where I can use this decision and should not change if I hover the mouse over another decision while I am still pressing it.
[EDIT] I have installed RoP Gold UK bought from Matrix Website on the RoP vanilla on Steam. I have applied the 1.10 QuickFix and I am using Windows 7, 64 bit.