Laruku
General of the Army

DirectX message and CTD

Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:39 pm

While zooming with the wheel mouse button, this message appeared: "DirectX to renderer invalid call (Burst Mode) [] Would you like to terminate the application? Yes/No" Pres any of those options and a black window with a hand-cursor, then CTD. It is not the first time that happened with this game. I have just bought it, physical CD, patched to the last patch. No problem with Pride of Nations, btw.

My specs:

Windows 7 64 bits
i7
4GB RAM
ATI Radeon 6770 1GB

I have neither screensaver nor energy saver activated...

I have seen that this problem is lurking for years with this engine. :confused: I would thank you any input to sort it out.

Durk

Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:59 am

For most Windows 7 users, running as an administrator solves this problem.

You can do this as I do by right clicking and selecting run as admin; or you can select properties and find the tab to permanently run the program as an admin.

If this is not a fix for you, return a comment.

Pocus

Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:53 am

What is the video driver date? As you can guess we don't have these random crashes on our side (beta volunteers included), so this is why I think this is related to an incompatibility between the game and the video driver. ROP is not using the latest DirectX so this augments incompatibility probability also.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Franciscus

Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:06 am

As reported elsewhere, I have this problem in PoN. I have Win xp, a ATI 5750 1gig GC, and updated 9.0c directx. I tested old (10.5) and recent (11.6) drivers and it did not solve the problem. This particular error has been reported with other Ageod games since 2006, and with Nvidia and ATI GC, so I think it may NOT be caused by GC drivers. My bet is a map engine problem ...?

Regards

Return to “ROP Technical support / Aide technique”