enf91
AGEod Veteran

Steam + AGEod = bad idea?

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:08 am

I bought RoP through Steam (it was a bargain, even cheaper than the AGEod store). I installed the newest 1.03 RC patch and tried to play the GC. CTD. So I verified the integrity blah blah (effectively a clean install) and loaded up, this time with prepackaged 1.02. Started GC, and CTD again. So... should I get my torch and pitchfork and march on Steam HQ?

Carnium

Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:16 pm

Maybe I am mistaken, but you need to wait for the official ROP patch on steam as beta (RCs) will not work.
Uninstall the game and delete all the leftover files (some of the RC files might survive the unistall process) in your ROP folder and do an a clean install trough steam.
Hope this helps ;)

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:39 pm

Strange. I can use betas for EU3 and other PI games.

Generalisimo

Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:48 pm

enf91 wrote:I bought RoP through Steam (it was a bargain, even cheaper than the AGEod store). I installed the newest 1.03 RC patch and tried to play the GC. CTD. So I verified the integrity blah blah (effectively a clean install) and loaded up, this time with prepackaged 1.02. Started GC, and CTD again. So... should I get my torch and pitchfork and march on Steam HQ?

Try installing the beta patch and then start the game directly from the rop.exe file and not from Steam.
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

Return to “ROP Technical support / Aide technique”