Longhairedlout
Lieutenant Colonel

Possible combat results bug.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:24 pm

Hi, I have been playing a Pbem game of ROP version 1.01i public beta patch, I know its a beta but I have had some really strange battle results.

In the first I as Austria attack a Prussian force in Koeniggratz, I have 29,000 and my Prussian opponent about 19,000 troop's, I am named the victor but the Prussian's capture nearly 2,000 prisoners and inflict more casualties, the only thing that went in my favour was that the outnumbered Prussians retreated, were they forced to retreat before my troops overwhelmed them?

The next is an assault on Königsberg, it says I win but have the most casualties, in fact a lot more than my opponent, and I take 3,400 prisoners, the garrison numbers only 3,281, but the even stranger thing is that although I won, Königsberg is still controlled by Prussia, it is a level 2 fort and I had made 2 breaches, does that mean I can assault? or were my poor troops wasted?

I know it is a Beta version I was using, has anybody else had results like this with the new 1.02 RC patch?

oh as well as the screen captures I have attached the save game for both sides,let me know if you need any old turn files and I will email them.

Thanks....
Attachments
ScreenHunter_01 Apr. 08 16.10.jpg
ScreenHunter_01 Apr. 08 15.53.jpg
CaraPRU v LHLAUS.zip
(1010.34 KiB) Downloaded 196 times

caranorn

Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:01 pm

Two notes:

At Königsgratz I had an Army under Schwerin with two columns under Wrede and Gessler iirc. Of these forces one column took the brunt of the damage, at the start of the next turn both are in good shape cohesionwise, though one is seriously in the red concerning strength. The oddest thing is that Schwerin has been displaced as if his force had been destroyed, I had not expected that to happen to an Army commander alone. In addition to the Army and two columns, two other forces were present in Königsgratz, the captured Austrian Garrison (Artillery and Supply) and my new Garrison Infantry (medium Prussian garrison, it took casualties in the battle and retreated, so must have been engaged)...

At Königsberg 4 companies in one of my infantry garrison units survived in addition to my artillery and supply. That would explain why I remained in control of the city. But I'm astonished at how LHL's casualties in the assault include cavalry, artillery and supply, and those are some massive casualties...

A third battle that might be worth looking at was at Münster a turn earlier (actually was there a battle or did my force retreat before battle). While LHL's French were stronger, my Prussians, Hanovrians and Hessians were dug (level 2) and I'd have expected some resistance at least (maybe my Army HQ also played a role as I'd ordered it to move out of Münster expecting the french attack and thinking Zastrow would do better without Cumberland's presence)...

All in all some curious battle results. Note also that before this we only had one series of serious battles (at Prague) earlier that summer (where my exhausted columns finally retreated), everything else was minor skirmishes...
Marc aka Caran...

Gray_Lensman

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:36 am

deleted

Longhairedlout
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:03 pm

Thanks for your replay Grey, thinking back I have had some battle results like that in AACW, I guess war is war and is uncertain.....

I just thought I would ask, how has the feedback been on the RC 1.02, is there chance of it being released soon? :)

Return to “ROP Technical support / Aide technique”