DonAltan
Civilian

Problems installing

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:47 pm

Hello to you all.

I have following problem after installing the game and typing my password:

"Impossible de créer le fichier: "C:/Programme/ParadoxInteractive/Rise of Prussia/ROP/Settings/General.opt". Zugriff verweigert"

Thats french and German together?!!? Do anyone know what kind of problem it is?

Hope you can help me!
Tanks
Al

Pocus

Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:30 am

That's a very weird one indeed, must be (for the garbled languages) a problem in the registration utility.

For the bug itself, it means that your Windows prevent the utility to write the configuration file. This can happen if you have the UAC set to a high level or are not the admin of your computer.
You can work around that by installing the game on another drive than C:, which is monitored by Vista and Seven very closely.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:58 pm

Philippe: My RoP game goes to music and then CTDs!! Any suggestions. Larry

Pocus

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:30 am

Please send us the main log file located in ROP\logs

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Tomatorider
Civilian

Problems installing

Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:41 pm

It sounds like you might have a drive problem. Try the CD in a different drive or PC if at all possible to determine whether it is a drive or disk problem.

Hohenlohe

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:56 pm

hey tagwyn, have you either a copyprotection or a antivirus scanner problem...??

In case of the scanner, simply deactivate both scanner and firewall and then try the installation.
In the other case simply get another drive from a friend and try then the installation.

I got such similar messages sometimes with other programs I like to install.
Because of that I deleted my until then beloved Zonealarm-Firewall on my Laptop because of strange behaviour.

But it could be even another problem, but I think that Philippe can help you... :thumbsup:

greetings

Hohenlohe

edit: please check if some of your installed games are using either Securom
or Starforce DRM, in the first case you will get very strange behaviour accessing your CD/DVD-Drive as I know especially if you are using drm-free Games-CDs, as this prog usually check for DRMs...
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Return to “ROP Technical support / Aide technique”