rwenstrup
Sergeant

Bought from Gamersgate-How do I backup to CD?

Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:55 pm

I bought the game from Gamersgate-How do I backup to CD?

Being a long term gamer I know businesses come in go...so I would like to have my own copy saved on a CD...can I do this with Gamersgate...or did I purchase from the wrong supplier?

Thanks...

AndrewKurtz

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:00 pm

rwenstrup wrote:I bought the game from Gamersgate-How do I backup to CD?

Being a long term gamer I know businesses come in go...so I would like to have my own copy saved on a CD...can I do this with Gamersgate...or did I purchase from the wrong supplier?

Thanks...

Copy the downloaded files, along with a text file with the serial number, to a CD.

rwenstrup
Sergeant

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:20 pm

Thanks!

MarkShot

Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:15 pm

Hmm ...

It looked to me as the installer is too large to fit on a single CD. However, it will easily fit on a DVD.

lodilefty

Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:29 pm

MarkShot wrote:Hmm ...

It looked to me as the installer is too large to fit on a single CD. However, it will easily fit on a DVD.

You can use "split to volumes" in WinRar
..and I think WinZip has something similar....
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

cleveland
Corporal

Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:32 pm

Oh hey, a fellow clevelander on board! :D

LarryP
Sergeant

Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:52 pm

rwenstrup wrote:I bought the game from Gamersgate-How do I backup to CD?

Thanks...

Gamersgate deletes the setup.exe file as soon as the game is installed. What I always do is when the installer is started and waiting for you to click it to continue, copy the download directory to another place. There will be the files plus the setup.exe file too.

MarkShot

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:01 pm

Howdy LarryP,

Same Larry from the Matrix Forums? (I am the same MarkShot.)

LarryP
Sergeant

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:59 pm

Same LarryP from Matrix forums. Hi Markshot!

I am playing the demo of RoP now. I have BoA and BoA2 (WiA), AACW, and Napoleon, and I am wondering whether to add RoP to my collection.

MarkShot

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:04 pm

Perhaps we need a new promotion ... "Buy all five and get an autographed picture of your favorite game developers." :)

sbr
Corporal

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:57 pm

LarryP wrote:Gamersgate deletes the setup.exe file as soon as the game is installed. What I always do is when the installer is started and waiting for you to click it to continue, copy the download directory to another place. There will be the files plus the setup.exe file too.

There will be an option to either keep or delete the temporary GG files after the installation is finished.

EDIT: The default selection is to delete them, you have to choose to keep them. If you do they go into a Gamergate Temporary Files folder on your desktop. Move the small Downlload .exe into the file and you never have to download anything again.

Rafiki

Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:25 pm

[color="Blue"]More of a tech question than a gameplay question => tech support forum :) [/color]
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Johnnie
Captain

Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:08 pm

Mark:

They might have better luck with: "Buy all 5 and we won't send you pictures of the developers."

Return to “ROP Technical support / Aide technique”