Ebbingford

Horse & Musket

Sat May 23, 2009 8:20 am

Sort of off topic but did anyone else here ever play the Boku games Dragoon or its follow up Horse & Musket, or even Horse & Musket 2. I used to lurk on the Shrapnel boards and seem to remember an Aryaman, must be the same one :thumbsup: Magnus is still on the Matrix board and must also be the same one, any others in the woodwork?
Only got Dragoon and Horse and Musket myself, but there were a hat full of mods etc for it and it was a great game. I see over at Matrix Horse & Musket 3 is still in the pipe line, might be worth checking out when its released.

Florent

Sat May 23, 2009 9:23 am

I played the demo a long time ago.
The game looked to be what was Age of Rifles(SSI) for XIX century.

arsan

Sat May 23, 2009 10:06 am

Haven't played the previous games but i'm definitely following the new one's development on Matrix forums.
Now that i'm gone get "immersed" on the SYW in Europe with RoP it woudl be great to play a tactical game of it, like Horse&Musket. :thumbsup:
Do you guys know if there is some approximate release date??
BY the way, Magnus dropped by at this forums recently :)
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=14420

Cheers

Magnus
Conscript

Sat May 23, 2009 11:45 am

Yes that´s me the same Magnus who did the art for HnM2. I have also drawn the graphics for HnM3 all graphics except the interface which they decided to let Matrixgames draw instead. However HnM3 should be released anytime soon now. The game is finished.

I have upgraded the graphics quite a bit since the old HnM2 games I can tell that at least :)

Wouldn´t it have been great to combine Rise of Prussia´s awesome strategical aspect with HnM3´s tactical battles? ;) So that you could play out the tactical battles using HnM3´s engine if you decided to play them tactically. That would have been really awesome :)

However maybe Age OD have decided to introduce any kind of tactical engine in an update or even maybe in an forthcoming game? ;)

Any SYW game that is in the works I have to check out. It´s my foremost favourite part of history.

A tip, I am working on a mod for Empire Total War too. We have started with Prussia of course retexturing them, making them look more realistic.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=239263

arsan

Sat May 23, 2009 11:51 am

Magnus wrote:Yes that´s me the same Magnus who did the art for HnM2. I have also drawn the graphics for HnM3 all graphics except the interface which they decided to let Matrixgames draw instead. However HnM3 should be released anytime soon now. The game is finished.

I have upgraded the graphics quite a bit since the old HnM2 games I can tell that at least :)

Good news! :coeurs:
As the forum over Matrix was not very active i feared the project were still far from being finished.
The screens of the maps and units i have seen there (probably posted by you) looks nice! "old school" but nice! :thumbsup:
Looks like RoP (strategic/operational) and H&M3 (tactical) can complement each other quite well! :)
Regards

Magnus
Conscript

Sat May 23, 2009 11:56 am

No worries arsan, though personally I think I should have been allowed to post more screenshots on the forum. But apparently Matrix didn´t approve that, strange I think since it boosts more interest.

However screens should be available soon since the game is done.

aryaman

Sat May 23, 2009 12:25 pm

Yes, Ebbingford, same old Aryaman :)
On Line wargamers is a small community, but very faithful, we play everything that comes out :)
Magnus, I recall that at the request of the designers I contacted some H&M old players and put together a list of possible improvements for the H&M3, do you know if there is any change in game mechanics?

Sol Invictus

Sat May 23, 2009 1:35 pm

H&M3 and RoP should compliment each other nicely. I agree, it would be great to combine the two for a tour de force of the SYW but that would be a major undertaking. This year wil be a great one for SYW gaming! :thumbsup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

Carnium

Sat May 23, 2009 5:33 pm

Magnus wrote:Wouldn´t it have been great to combine Rise of Prussia´s awesome strategical aspect with HnM3´s tactical battles? ;) So that you could play out the tactical battles using HnM3´s engine if you decided to play them tactically. That would have been really awesome :)

That would be a dream come true. The ability to chose auto-resolve (curent AGEOD style) or to actually play the tactical battles.
Maybe some day... :love:

BTW.. your ETW re-textures are great. Too bad it will take some time for CA/SEGA to patch the game to the extent that I will finally be willing start a GC :bonk:

Magnus
Conscript

Sat May 23, 2009 5:43 pm

Thanks Carnum. CA is releasing 11 new 3D models for the next update. Also our mod makes the game play better anyway :) Stats and such. Still in beta of course. I plan to retexture every SYW army.

Aryaman there is improvements in HnM3. Can´t figure out right now exactly what it is. I have been busy all the time with finishing the graphics for the game.

Return to “RoP History Club”