Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Posssible Tournament alteration

Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:03 pm

Hello,

There are rumblings from the Ageod front that they'd actually like to do a "design team cameo" in this specific tournament, which is wonderful news. :) It also means, however, that the tournament needs to be re-structured. I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up now so they'd be comfortable with the idea. I have a pretty good idea in mind, but I'm not going to lay it all out till everything is set.

I will say it involves PhilThib joining the "design team" :D and bringing back one of the eliminated players.

BTW- one game is left. They should have it finished in a day or two and at that point we'll present the alteration.

Daxil
"We shall give them the bayonet." -Stonewall at Fredericksburg.

runyan99

Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:13 pm

I'm not playing in this tournament but I have to say that changing the players after you have started strikes me as not sporting.

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:32 pm

It's not changing the players at all. Just a one-shot cameo by the design team in a short scenario following Far West which will affect the proceeding seeds. Players' accumulated scores, including this round's, will be taken into account. The best of the eliminated players will be asked to return and fill the 16 seed, while the others slide up one notch to fill philthib' spot. That's it.

Jim-NC

Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:26 pm

So, how would this work exactly? We would still play the far west scenario, then the design team would face the 8 winners of far west? Then the 8 winners go onto the next scenario (adding their scores from the design team duel to their scores for seeding)?
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:46 pm

Jim-NC wrote:So, how would this work exactly? We would still play the far west scenario, then the design team would face the 8 winners of far west? Then the 8 winners go onto the next scenario (adding their scores from the design team duel to their scores for seeding)?

Exactly.

[ATTACH]8080[/ATTACH]

For purposes of scoring, those who were defaulted on would get the median score from that round. The player vs design team would be a completely random assignment as we have no idea how good they are. My assumption is they'll be lesser opponents :mdr: , but we shall see. After the player vs design team round new seedings will be assigned based on the accumulated scores, then the brackets will be set from there on out to ensure the greatest likelihood that the two best players make it to the finals.
Attachments
concept.jpg

Jim-NC

Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:08 pm

Well, considering my ranking in the tournament, I don't have a problem with it, as it's not like it will affect me or anything. :mdr: :mdr: :mdr:
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jdt
Lieutenant

Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:24 pm

I don't understant....Nothing :bonk:

Longhairedlout
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:21 am

Sounds ok to me..... very interesting in fact :)

Just one question though, how are you going to chose which eliminated player to bring back?

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:52 am

Longhairedlout wrote:Sounds ok to me..... very interesting in fact :)

Just one question though, how are you going to chose which eliminated player to bring back?

mvdh has already been asked to come back unless the last match produces a closer point spread than he and Jim-NC's match.

I don't understant....Nothing

I'll try to clarify a little better once everything is finalized. This is a very unique situation and an opportunity for some company publicity - something I think we can all agree Ageod deserves. :)

Return to “2nd AACW PBEM Tournament (2009)”