Kitano1314
Private

new player! I need some help explaining how promotions work

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:46 am

I'm currently playing the first scenario and I've received a few messages saying "so & so has been congratulated, he is now promotable to a new rank"
but I can't find any means to promote them.
In particular when I checked the unit panel of the last General to be congratulated it still had zero stars and only 8/10 xp so i'm a bit confused now
about my Generals gaining experience and being promoted.

Am I right in thinking that my one star Generals who lead the Brigades can be promoted up to leading Corps by gaining xp via combat?

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:01 am

I'm not too familiar with RoP, but in other agoed games promotion is determined by seniority, not xp (xp increases stats). If the general is not in charge of the stack you many need to remove the general from the stack in order to promote him.

Durk

Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:52 am

As Cardinal Ape says, some examination is needed.

What happens is that only a general not in a stack will show the promotion feature. So what I do is I click on the message which takes me to the region where the general is. Then I search for the general. Occasionally this is a bit confusing as the names do not seem to directly match.
Then when I find the general, often buy taking him out of the army/corps in which he has been and I see the promotion light up, I put his troops under command of a different general if I have a spare and click on the promote button.

You are correct about the effect of a promotion. One star becomes two.

Where you do this is in the tent like icon.

Kitano1314
Private

Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:53 pm

Superb! cheers guys.

Return to “Rise of Prussia”