CatoTheYounger
Sergeant

Any negatives to having army General lead stack as well as guide adjacent columns?

Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:15 pm

Is it always better to have a Small force led by the army general and larger columns led by several different corp commanders in order to give them enhanced bonuses? I would assume good corps commanders with Army general enhancements are better to attack with then a stack led directly by an army general?

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:19 pm

Friedrick and Daun has direct bonuses to their individual stacks. Corps commanders should be in a region adjacent to them. With good ratings pass to corps commanders they will MTSG frequently.

CatoTheYounger
Sergeant

Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:14 pm

Sure, I was noting how Keith leading a Corps plus the good bonuses from Fredrick is even better then Frederick leading that stack personally. Terrific system. Bought this game this week. Already have HTOR, WIA2, AJE and now this one. Outstanding AI from Athena. I really need to maximize every bonus I can get. AGEOD has lept ahead of Paradox IMO. Outstanding.

Durk

Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:23 pm

My take is the Army general's stack is the fire brigade. I usually make it the weakest stack, but just by a bit, say 10 points, never weaker than 100 points of the smallest corps. For some reason, if it is not, in fact, the strongest stack, but never-the-less a strong stack, it seems to always join the battle very quickly if one of its corps in an adjacent region is attacked. I do find making the army the strongest stack in attack, using parallel marching orders, usually brings all elements of the army into battle the most quickly. So a bit of a re-balancing as initial shifts.

As a bit of a side note, players who are studying how MTSG works should use Rise of Prussia. While it works pretty much the same in all games where it is available, the complexity of challenges Frederick faces can only be met by mastering MTSG. So playing as Prussia players will be challenged to learn corps/army relationships.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:33 am

This is an excellent game. I commend it heartily. You did yourself good getting this one.
To End All Wars AAR in the War Room. Join us as we laugh, we cry, we drink beer, and we joke on how badly I play......

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?36936-To-End-All-Wars-AAR-Western-Entente-against-the-AI-of-Central-Powers!

Durk

Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:20 am

I have learned from some of my opponents that they do not agree with me. They feel in this game and in CW2 the army should be held as a place to rebuild units while the corps fight the battles. Not my take, but others are usually smarter than I am.

Return to “Rise of Prussia”