Cfant
Lieutenant

Newbie Questions

Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:34 pm

Hi guys,

Austria just got crashed by evil Prussia ;) So Maria Theresias worst general - me - need advice ;)

How can I see, if a general can be promoted? Do I have to see on every officer every turn?

What to do with Russians / Bavarians / other guys without enough officers? How can I organize them, if there are so few officers? Do I have to accept the 35% malus or leave back 80% of the soldiers or am I missing something?

I have RoP Gold, vers. 1.11. Still I have an issue (SP, Austria). RUssians enter game, have a "Border Depot" and cannot leave the province. I read, others had the same and you have to rewrite events. Since I'm worse then bad in such things - is there a simple patch for that?

Thanks in name of the Habsburg-empire ;)

Durk

Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:30 am

If you check the ledger every turn there will be a message the first turn a general is eligible for promotion. If like me you sometimes do not read the ledger closely, then you have to check every officer. But you can do this quickly in that promotions are most often associated with winning a battle, so you only need to check those stacks.

It is difficult to get all of the allied troops with officers. With the Russians, let all your Cossack units operate with leader penalties. You are trying to deny Prussian and its allies supplies and well as raiding weak units with these troops, so penalties are not too serious. This leaves enough generals to put all other troops into divisions and corps.
With the Bavarian and Empire troops, put the extra ones in French or Austrian Corps. With time, and luck, you will be able to have all of these allied German troops under command. With the Saxons, I sometimes use the extras as garrison units where a single unit will not incur a strong penalty.

Apply the four mods Bohémond has posted here
http://ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?34104-ROP-Gold-mods
This takes care of the locked Russian units as well as a couple other important issues.

Cfant
Lieutenant

Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:02 am

Dear Sir, I salute you! You'll get the Maria Theresia Medal! Thanks a lot!

Cfant
Lieutenant

Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:22 am

One more question regarding promotions. I won a battle, two commanders got gratulated. But I cannot promote any of them. Is this wanted? Is a gratulation not always a promotion-reason?

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:40 pm

basically yes, it may push them up the seniority scale (which can be handy when they are to be promoted) and it helps them to gain a promotion but its different.

with the Austrians, I find you don't want too many army commanders so not all those who can be promoted should be. I tend to struggle with over the limit brigades and corps and also too many separate armies mean you lose the means to self-support. I tend to reckon I need two armies - one that operates in Saxony and one that operates in Silesia.

Just to add to Durk's answer. Don't forget some Austrian generals have the HRE trait. They are not exactly brilliant but this does help for getting the Bavarians and other S German formations sorted out.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Cfant
Lieutenant

Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:06 pm

Thanks a lot! :thumbsup: I'll try to use this infos!

Cfant
Lieutenant

Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:27 pm

Hi!

Once again a question to the Memel-Problem: RoP Gold, v. 1.11; I used the Memel-Mod of Bohemond, which Durk has mentioned. Still: Russians cannot get out of the province. Any ideas?

Greetings[ATTACH]36238[/ATTACH]
Attachments
1.jpg

Durk

Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:36 pm

You need to roll the game back to before the event fires. Probably a fresh start with a new game would be best.

Cfant
Lieutenant

Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:46 pm

I did. This is the new game :( But the problem remains...

Durk

Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:51 pm

Some players who continue to have this problem report that using Reconnaissance Regional Decision converts the regions in which you cannot move into friendly regions you can traverse. I have never done this myself as the mod works for me.

Cfant
Lieutenant

Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:07 pm

Thanks for the tipp, I'll try that!

Cfant
Lieutenant

Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:38 am

well, the problem remains, nothing helps... :( can it have anything to do with the danzig-event (sending supply for the russian army)? I always try to convince Danzig to do so, but never get a message if it worked out.

Durk

Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:11 am

I do have two suggestions:
1. Use the four player start and play all four countries.
2. Start with the next Grand Campaign. As Russia is already in, no problem will present itself.

Cfant
Lieutenant

Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:18 pm

Thanks! A great idea. :) I'll do that, although I will miss the tough start phase the AUstrians have :)

Thanks a lot!

Cfant
Lieutenant

Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:11 am

Thanks to Durk, the Russians seem able to join :) However, another questions arises. I've won a battle and two 1* generals are ready for promotion. So I klick on promotion, and the next turn I get the message "XY is promoted to prince, xz is promoted to general". But they STILL are 1*. How can that be?

Durk

Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:14 am

I do not actually know the answer to this problem. As you have outlined it, you had generals who earned promotions. Then you used the menu to call for a promotion. The ledger told you they were promoted, except they were not actually promoted. I have never seen this.
My guess that all your issues come from a corrupt install. So my guess, and it is a guess, uninstall and reinstall using the administrator mode on the reinstall. Sometimes with these games if you do not use admin mode the install gets corrupted. Worth a try.

Cfant
Lieutenant

Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:10 pm

Thanks Durk! I'll try that. :)

GuileMike
Sergeant

Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:47 pm

How do I get the generals portraits to show up on the map? All I have is a bunch of soldiers as seen in the picture I have below. There are generals in the stack.

Image[/URL]

Ebbingford

Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:11 am

You need to go into the options menu, then media, then untick the box that says "use 3d models". :cool:
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

GuileMike
Sergeant

Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:22 pm

ty so much for that reply!

Return to “Rise of Prussia”