steelwarrior77
Colonel

Feedback for campaigns

Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:00 pm

Hey there,

really had a blast with both grand campaigns just a few minor suggestions. It looks like the system snowballs - both campaigns ended around 58/59 because there was no resistance anymore - wether Frederick has destroyed all the big stacks or Austria will overwhelm with its Allies - that made me kinda sad, cause I would really lilke to enjoy the game longer...so here my suggestion - allow unhistorical options of much bigger locked garrisons, especially for important cities and capitals - additionally forts with more levels or sieges that take longer - and if the combat power of the AI falls under 80% of mine make emergency spawns that will match my combat power. Plus make units and generals gain XP faster - about 50% faster - so in a succesfull campaign, I still keep the upper hand - but the AI can also still hit back hard...

And please make 7 day turns for all games, otherwise flanking or cutting off the enemy depends more on luck than skill ;-D
This seems to be true for all AGEOD titles, campaigns mostly end way before time, due to snowball effect of combat power - so I´d love to have mods fix it or a patch with an optional option to turn on these AI boosts ;-D

Durk

Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:28 am

steelwarrior77, this is my suggestion for you. You are ready to go beyond AI play. Two paths:
1. If you enjoy solo play, play both sides. This is easy and fun as you will do better than AI can ever do.
2. Find a pbem opponent (or opponents) and experience a whole new world.

You are right, victory can follow upon victory, time to seek a greater challenge.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:26 am

steelwarrior77 wrote:Hey there,

really had blast with both grand campaigns just a few mminor suggestions. It looks like the system snowballs - both campaigns ended around 58/59 because there was no resistance anymore - wether Frederick has destroyed all the big stacks or Austria will overwhelm with its Allies - ...

once you have the system mastered, an excellent way to play RoP vs the AI is with the Austrian side and the harshest activation rule (ie inactive=immobile). This is quite a challenge as you often can't risk campaigning up to winter due to the risk of being caught out and the French in particular are very hard to manage (you can reckon on only about 50% of your corps to be active in one turn). Your only reliable formation is the main Austrian army under Daun.

I've had a couple of games on this basis run to the end of the historical war.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:59 pm

As Loki have said you may try with high activation penalty by picking single country if you have ROP gold version which is more challenge and quick to battle with 4 player setup. Generally in PBEM people try to avoid risky battles and conserve forces which AI can do opposite. (Prussian AI still can be careful) Games may play through till 1760 but may all depends on players.

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:27 am

Thanks guys - yes it may be time for MP ;-D or high activation penalties...but for MP I really wish for a 7 day turn 14 days is so unpredictable and at least as Prussia one major loss will be hard to recover from...So anyone up for a MP game? I own the gold version...

Return to “Rise of Prussia”