Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Steam version vs. non-Steam version

Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:19 am

Is there any progress in patching the Steam version of the game to the same level as the non-Steam version? For the benefit of anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, the non-Steam version of ROP can be patched to 1.11, but the Steam version has been stuck at 1.10 for an astonishingly long time.

Failing that, if you were to copy and paste the contents of patch 1.11 to the relevant place in the Steam folder, would it bring the Steam game up to version 1.11 ? (I fully understand that if you verify the integrity of your cache after doing something like that Valve will wipe out any changes you might have made).

Steam is an incredibly powerful marketing and delivery tool, and you do yourselves a huge disservice by not putting your best foot forward in front of a mass audience. Or by not getting to the bottom of what the problem is and resolving it.

I recently learned how to sell those silly trading cards that Steam gives you, and was dumbfounded when I realized just how many people are using Steam at any given moment.

TJD
Sergeant

Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:34 pm

Philippe wrote:Is there any progress in patching the Steam version of the game to the same level as the non-Steam version? For the benefit of anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, the non-Steam version of ROP can be patched to 1.11, but the Steam version has been stuck at 1.10 for an astonishingly long time.

Failing that, if you were to copy and paste the contents of patch 1.11 to the relevant place in the Steam folder, would it bring the Steam game up to version 1.11 ? (I fully understand that if you verify the integrity of your cache after doing something like that Valve will wipe out any changes you might have made).

Steam is an incredibly powerful marketing and delivery tool, and you do yourselves a huge disservice by not putting your best foot forward in front of a mass audience. Or by not getting to the bottom of what the problem is and resolving it.

I recently learned how to sell those silly trading cards that Steam gives you, and was dumbfounded when I realized just how many people are using Steam at any given moment.

I recently bought a Steam key for RoP and manually installed the 1.11 patch, and it works. It shouldn't be necessary to do this, I agree, and I agree as well that the failure to address this issue for more than a year is terrible. I bought the key as part of a Matrix/Slitherine Humble Bundle, so many copies of RoP were sold and many people must have exactly the same question as you. The most active thread on the Steam forums is about the 1.11 update issue, in fact.

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:07 am

I understand AGEOD is focused on Revolution Under Siege but the official patch for RoP would be nice. :D Thanks, still love your games though, just amazing historical accuracy and gameplay -- especially the Chain of Command present in RoP and Revolution Under Siege. ^^

TJD
Sergeant

Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:48 am

Thanks for finally putting the 1.11 patch on Steam.

Stelteck
Colonel

Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:53 pm

We really need path 1.11 on Steam.

Return to “Rise of Prussia”