Ebbingford

Strange battle results

Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:26 am

Playing the Second Silesian war as Austria in a pbem against Baris, Gold update 1.11.
We have had 2 battles that look like the engine is favouring Prussia.....
In the first he attacked me in Pisek. All my corps there had orders to move to the next region. The losses in the battle were 11,700 Austrians and 8700 Prussians, no Austrian elements were destroyed but 3 Prussian were. The Prussians retreated from the battle and my corps completed their moves to the next region. The battle was given as a Prussian victory and I lost 7NM. :(
The next turn there was another battle. Here he attacked again and again was forced to retreat. Losses this time were 10,000 Prussians and 8,000 Austrians. 11 Prussian elements were destroyed. This was given as an Austrian victory, but no NM points were gained from it. :(
Looking at these two results it does look like something isn't right. In the first battle it looks like an Austrian victory despite losing more men, the Prussians retreated from the field. In the second battle why didn't I gain any NM points? If I lost 7 for the first battle I would have expected to have gained some from this one...
Both turns attached if anybody wants to take a look.
Attachments
Battles.rar
(425.39 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Ebbingford

Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:22 pm

Several turns later in this game and I did manage to get some NM from winning a battle, well more of a skirmish really. I got 3 NM for killing 1000 hussars, I didn't even destroy any elements....

How is the amount of NM that you gain from winning battles worked out? I always thought it was on elements destroyed more than numbers killed, but it looks like it is based more on the proportion of casualties inflicted by either side.
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Return to “Rise of Prussia”