elxaime
General

Promotions Problems

Sun May 18, 2014 4:13 pm

I am in a ROP Gold latest patch v. 1.11 in PBEM. As Prussia, twice I have won battles where there was a message I could promote Little Henry (to 3 star) and Dreisler (to 2 star). Knowing the quirks of how promotions work, I removed each from command, separated them out in the region, and clicked the promotion button. For two straight turns. Nothing happened. Then the button was greyed out again. A few turns later same thing happened with the same guys after I won another battle.

I have decided to give up trying to promote anyone, as clearly something is amiss. Either that, or the rules have changed. Anyone else having this problem? It is tough enough having to take leaders out of circulation for a turn to promote them, but when it doesn't happen it is really frustrating.

arsan

Sun May 18, 2014 8:22 pm

Hi!
We are playing a PBEM game too with ROP Gold 1.11 and haven't got any problem with the promotions. :bonk:
Like you, i put the leader in a separate stack if they are not the senior leader of the stack (no need to separete them if they command the stack for what i've experienced).
I have tried both with leaders alone and also with leaders commanding a brigade and everything worked ok for me.
Strange you are habing problems... :confused:
Regards!

elxaime
General

Mon May 19, 2014 10:16 pm

Maybe its a version problem. I am using the Steam download version, which reads it is v. 110 but when you try to update with v. 111 it says you already have the latest version. The Steam forums have a post saying AGEOD is looking into the issue. My opponent has a store bought version he updated and it reads 1.11. Maybe that has something to do with it.

EDIT: Yes, turned out to be a version problem! Windows 8 is the very devil. Even if you think you have patched, it puts things in the wrong place. I found this out and now it works fine.

Durk

Sun May 25, 2014 3:49 am

Thanks for the update. Windows 8 can be the devil. I have found that if you always run everything as an administrator, it helps. I have no idea how Steam does downloads, but what I do with downloads is use the 'open folder' option. Then I get to manage the file instead of letting the system do so.

Return to “Rise of Prussia”