bob.
General

Saxon surrender working properly?

Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:16 pm

Current PBEM game, third turn. I have military control of all roads to the Saxon camp, forces in all regions and I am besieging Pirna.

I get this message and lost 20 morale:

But as you can see, the Saxon forces are not actually surrendered. What has happened here?

Highlandcharge

Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:45 am

I am bobs opponent in this game, I attacked at Lobozitz, I lost but I think the Prussian morale event was was triggered by this battle... is the idea that I dared to try and defend the Saxon's honor against the mighty Frederick the great ;)

bob.
General

Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:02 pm

I suppose that would makes sense, there's only the question why the Saxons didn't actually surrender. :bonk:

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:32 pm

Lobositz has nothing to do with the event chains except in so far as a key part of the 'CMN_CapitulationSaxony_Trigger' is in addition to blocking the four roads: "EvalAreaPowerRatio = LAND;$Theater_Saxony;100;>=;50;25", but Lobositz is not part of Saxony for that purpose. Given you have the surrender message, then the criteria must have been met.

'CMN_CapitulationSaxony' is the event that follows as long as the Saxon's didn't escape. That should kill Prina (& the units) and give both sides their Saxon reinforcements.

Might be worth checking the game log to see if this second event has fired, if not then its a bug of some sort
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Shri

Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:37 am

Isn't it better to assault and damn those units? as Assault will get you some Artillery and supply wagons, Normal will get you 4 infantry + 1 Bummer Gun, with possibly 2 more Bummer to be built - cheap seige artillery.

Assault will also give NM, loss will be about 2-3k of men if Keith leads the assault, lot of men but worth it i felt.

Durk

Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:00 am

Well, is a trade off and a risk. Saxons can sortie.
If they do not surrender you may make a gain.
Interesting options.

Durk

Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:26 am

I do not think I am actually saying this. There are options, not outcomes out of your control. The game option works properly. However, the Saxons can attempt to change history. They may.
All is not certain. You money may well be rewarded. But you must be smart and lucky.

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:17 pm

My problem with the Saxon surrender is that my units never move through that province and if I take the long way - through the mountains - I never gain control of the road province, because the Bohemian army arrives and blocks me - so what am I supposed to do?

bob.
General

Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:20 pm

Fortifications and cities have a zone of control that prevents you from moving to another province where the enemy has military control.

You have to send cavalry units ahead to gain military control and then you can move your other forces there.

It has been a while since I last played the start of the RoP campaign as Prussia but I recall that if you send cavalry ahead, you can block off all the routes for the Saxon army in the first turn.

Durk

Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:43 am

Yes, in a current game I confirm that sending some cavalry by any route to gain military control actually works, even if Saxony tries to rally and joins the command structure of Austria.

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:32 am

Thanks guys - but when I send my cavalry army - the Austrians send a full army in the same province so I still do not gain military controle?

bob.
General

Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:00 pm

Huh, I just ran the first turn to test it and it seems like if the first turn is good weather, you can move past the fort with no cavalry guard and if it is bad weather it blocks you.
Interesting, I didn't know that weather has an effect on zone of control.

The Austrians can send an army to the same province in the first turn that is true but if you send most of your army there, you're going to be happy about it because you have a nice first victory ;)
The Austrian army is not your equal at the start. If they attack you, be happy.

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:44 am

Does draft and requisition work on any province or only on cities?

Durk

Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:53 am

Any province/region. You will notice because the regions show a brighter shade where you can make an option.

Return to “Rise of Prussia”