stormbringer3
Sergeant

Thinking of buying, a question.

Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:01 pm

In researching this title before buying, I came across the Russian bug. The discussion about whether the newest patch fixed this was never really answered. Does anyone know if it was fixed by the latest patch?
I saw the fix by changing the event log but I would not even attempt to try such a thing. I also saw a possible work around by loading a 4 player game and playing three of them yourself. If you do that, the AI plays Prussia? If you choose to play Prussia in 4 player, does the AI play the other 3? I'd mainly be buying this to play the complete Campaign.
Thanks for any opinions.

Durk

Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:47 am

Yes, the patch fixes the four player game. There are technical fixes for the two player.
But your solution does work. Play four player against either AI side.
By the way, why are you not playing other gamers? Just kidding.

stormbringer3
Sergeant

Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:32 pm

Durk,
Thank you for your answer. I read about the four player idea in another thread. When you play four player are the countries from which you pick Prussia, Austria, Russia and France? When you choose which country or countries to play as a human player does the AI automatically play the rest? Are there plans to fix this bug in two player? I do have other of your fine games, WiA, ACW and AJE.
Thanks again.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:16 pm

stormbringer3 wrote:In researching this title before buying, I came across the Russian bug. The discussion about whether the newest patch fixed this was never really answered. Does anyone know if it was fixed by the latest patch?
I saw the fix by changing the event log but I would not even attempt to try such a thing. I also saw a possible work around by loading a 4 player game and playing three of them yourself. If you do that, the AI plays Prussia? If you choose to play Prussia in 4 player, does the AI play the other 3? I'd mainly be buying this to play the complete Campaign.
Thanks for any opinions.

Hi

unfortunately its not fixed in the patch so you need the same solution as was suggested a while back - basically copy the Memel landing event from the MP file to the SP file - that seems to fix the main issue (Russians stuck in the entry province).

The 4 player sides are indeed Prussia (incl Hannover/GB), Austria (incl HRE/Bavaria), France and Russia plus Sweden. So yes, whichever you choose, the AI handles the rest.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Durk

Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:51 am

I actually rarely play against AI, so I am not certain of my answer. But yes, AI plays the rest no matter who you decide to play.
These are the countries among whom you pick.
I think the two player bug is fixed.
Pm me if you do not see this.
Incidentally, if you do not wish to play humans. play all countries by yourself. Much more fun.

Return to “Rise of Prussia”