Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Honours of War

Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:30 pm

The Regional Event 'Offer Honours of War' still doesn't work completely correctly against the AI.

I offered HoW to Kassel, next turn I saw the message string name 'offer_honours_of_war', next turn the message 'ongoing_honours_of_war' and the third turn 'unkown event type 198'. (actual text may differ slightly).

In the mean time nothing changed in the situation of the siege of Kassel.

Maybe it is just a matter of missing event strings, and the HoW were correctly rejected - but even then it takes a very long time for the decision to lead to anything.

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:13 pm

I also applied the regional decision 'Surrender'. That didn't produce anything visible. What is it supposed to show?

Highlandcharge

Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:23 am

Hi Erik, are you sure you are on the latest patch, those RGD's didnt work in the release version of ROP gold but they were fixed with patches.

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:44 am

Highlandcharge wrote:Hi Erik, are you sure you are on the latest patch, those RGD's didnt work in the release version of ROP gold but they were fixed with patches.

Yes, I am running the latest patch, and I have tested some time ago that at least the HoW decision now works in multiplayer, but this time I am playing against the AI, and I don't see any reaction from the AI.

And I don't see any effect from the Surrender decision either.

Ebbingford

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:48 am

Pocus on the quick fix thread posted "This quickfix corrects the non working HoW feature (mostly geared toward PBEM admittedly)."
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:04 pm

OK, it is no big deal, but I was just trying to test these options against the AI instead of experimenting in my big PBEM.

But can anybody explain what the 'Surrender' option is supposed to cause?

I saw nothing happening in the AI test, but I also tried it in my PBEM game, and there I also didn't see any effect.

Durk

Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:51 am

Remember that the 'decisions' are not cause and effect, but an attempt and you need to see if successful. That is, when you play the surrender card, you are enhancing the probability you will get a surrender based upon a probability. Keep trying. In the games which use variable options, ROP and ACW2, you are making a bet and hoping for success.

Return to “Rise of Prussia”