notyad
Civilian

Commanders--Should Freddy Directly Command troops?

Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:54 pm

So I have played AGEOD's ACW for several years and have always placed troops directly in corps/column stacks, and not under amry commanders (unless small armies). I have done this to allow the troops to get the benifit of as many commnaders as possible, since putting them directly under the army commander meant they did not benifit form Corps level bonuses (or army level since if directly under the army stack the army commander functioned as a corps commander).

Is this smart? I know all speical bonuses Fredrick gives to troops and was wondering if I was passing up too much for those extra 1-2 points of attack/def leader statiscs? Does the Army Commander pass on those benifits as well?

As an alternative I had thought about leaving the Cavalry under the army commander to function as a reserve and so that it did not get drawn into the battel too early?

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:06 am

not sure how ACW plays, but in RoP, the CinC stack is the last to commit to battle. So if you put too much in that stack, you may lose the battle.

With Fred and Daun, I tend to put all the junk. Junk can be supply wagons not needed in the corps, a few light cavalry units that I am letting recover before sending out scouting again. Also, as the game goes on, I put in really badly damaged battalions/brigades, they have a chance to recover, but are still available in case of emergency.

With the Russians and French you have a shortage of commanders, so I tend to build a normal combat formation around the CinC, but, if I can juggle it, make this weaker than the rest.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Return to “Rise of Prussia”