Chyron0
Conscript

How to apply the Gold patch to a Steam installed game ?

Sat May 18, 2013 5:16 pm

Can anyone say WITH CERTAINTY how the gold patch must be applied to a Steam installed game ?
My system is Win 7, 64-bit, not that it matters.

I cannot make the patched version work, so I'd like to hear what the exact and correct procedure for installing the patch is.

Thank you very much.

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Sat May 18, 2013 8:16 pm

Turn off auto-update by going into steam library, right clicking on RoP, and going to preferences. After that, find the install location ("steamapps/common/rise of prussia" for me). Install patch to that directory, and voila.

Chyron0
Conscript

Sun May 19, 2013 8:53 pm

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne wrote:Turn off auto-update by going into steam library, right clicking on RoP, and going to preferences. After that, find the install location ("steamapps/common/rise of prussia" for me). Install patch to that directory, and voila.

Thank you for the answer. I'll give it a try.

Ilitarist
Sergeant

Thu May 23, 2013 8:49 am

I've wanted to check if Steam has Gold as DLC but now I can't even find Rise of Prussia page there. I still have it in my library. A pity, I hoped that I'll be able to fully embrace AGEOD strategy games with it.

Ebbingford

Thu May 23, 2013 9:20 am

Why not just get the Gold upgrade from Ageod instead?
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Person of Interest

Thu May 23, 2013 1:44 pm

Yeah don't wait for Steam to get the Gold upgrade. I doubt they ever will. Just order the Gold update from AGEOD or Matrix and upgrade your Steam copy of ROP. I did that yesterday and it works fine. I did have to make a copy of my Steam ROP folder and put it in my Matrix games folder and upgraded that copy. I could not get the Steam version to work if I applied the Gold upgrade within the Steam folder.

Ilitarist
Sergeant

Fri May 24, 2013 10:48 am

Person of Interest wrote:Yeah don't wait for Steam to get the Gold upgrade. I doubt they ever will. Just order the Gold update from AGEOD or Matrix and upgrade your Steam copy of ROP. I did that yesterday and it works fine. I did have to make a copy of my Steam ROP folder and put it in my Matrix games folder and upgraded that copy. I could not get the Steam version to work if I applied the Gold upgrade within the Steam folder.

Yeah, makes sense. On the other hand, I think the game is more of the same, not an improvement. Same horrible interface, same unresponsive help... I guess if I couldn't love RoP I won't have a good time with RoP Gold.

ribaluigi
Sergeant

Fri May 24, 2013 2:41 pm

I have just noticed that currently Steam is NOT selling RoP anymore. I don't know if they will start selling again the gold version.
Does anybody has any updates on this?

Return to “Rise of Prussia”