loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:17 pm

Erik Springelkamp wrote:Bump. Studied the situation a bit more.

I wonder if I wasted good wagons on my depots on my march along the coast?

I see shipping delivers a lot of supply, so could I have marched my Russians all the way to Stettin and siege it without building a supply chain back to Poland? But then, why didn't they receive any supply during the last turn?

I did a lot of reading of old posts on this forum lately, but this whole supply situation of the Russians is still a mystery to me.

this is purely observation of some games not of the mechanics. But I reckon:

a) once you have Koenigsberg, then you can get to Danzig using the Polish cities as staging posts - the coastal ones seem to have limitless supply, the inland ones very reduced supply;
b) stick a depot in the first proviince in Prussia proper
c) you have a gamble - a well constructed siege force may well take Kolberg with the supply they march with, or if you are more cautious build another depot the province to the east of Kolberg;
d) once you have Kolberg, supply arrives there by sea directly (I know this as in a PBEM Narwhal captured and destroyed my 2 depots running back into Poland but I was fine to push on);
e) depends on the level of opposition, if Stettin is contested (ie a field army) build a depot as you have, if its just a siege - and you have a well structured siege army - then you should be able to take it quickly enough;
f) once you have Stettin, that is the end of your supply problems - its a port so again it takes supply direct.

If you read the old threads, esp 1.2 and earlier, the flaw was that Poland did not allow you to build supply deports so it was impossible to get from Koenigsberg to Prussia in any decent shape.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Return to “Rise of Prussia”