leftguard
Corporal

Campaign Suggestions For A New Player

Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:17 pm

Hello all, my first post on these forums!

I just recently purchased RoP as a way of getting to know Aegod games, after initially buying Pride of Nations last year, which I found a tad overwhelming (huge understatement).

So far so good, this game looks deceptively simple at first glance, but I'm finding additional depth each time I play!

Having completed the tutorials, I'm now re-running the Invasion of Saxony scenario until I don't occasionally lose, and then I'll try playing as Austria to see if I can stop the AI doing to me what I just did to it.

After that though, what's the best approach? I'm guessing the full scenario 5 campaign will be a bit of a tall order for a new player, and I should start with scenario 10 and work my way back through to 5. Or, are those last shorter scenarios more difficult simply because they are so short?

I thought I'd ask the people who know :D

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:10 pm

oddly I'd say start at the start. Its a bit easier as the opening gambits around Pirna/Prag are relatively obvious and there are a few AARs that cover the ground. For the Austrians your starting army is reasonably small and you add more formations (French/Russian/Bavarian etc) over time. Start with one of the later scenarios and you have a huge force spread out across the map to try and sort out.

Your strategy of using the Saxony scenario time after time is good though - I learnt enough to get started that way, well that and Narwhal's old AAR on the Paradox forums - http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?559-AGEOD-AAR-s

Durk

Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:18 am

Yes, start early. The deal is, you can always restart. With this particular game it really is better to start with the open game of the longer scenario.

leftguard
Corporal

Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:34 am

Okay, the full campaign it is then. Thanks guys!

Return to “Rise of Prussia”