pantsukki
Brigadier General

Army refusing to assault breached fortifications

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:17 pm

Ok, another question: I've been besieging Königsberg for a longish time with Russians, and after awhile it finally reached level 2 breach. Eagerly I changed my besiegers' orders to assault, and ended the turn. But then during the execution phase, nothing happened. The defenders didn't fix the breach(es) either. I repeated this during the next turn, and the next, and the next. Only thing that changes is that I'm notified at the beginning of each turn that the number of breaches has increased by one, yet the Russians refuse to do anything (despite being active). WAD, bug, what?

lodilefty

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:26 pm

I'm going to guess that your forces have another group/stack in the same region as your Army.

RULE: An Army cannot initiate combat if ANY other friendly group is in the region....

If this is not the case, please post your saved game here.

Use this method:
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Send_Saved_Game
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:40 pm

lodilefty wrote:I'm going to guess that your forces have another group/stack in the same region as your Army.

RULE: An Army cannot initiate combat if ANY other friendly group is in the region....

If this is not the case, please post your saved game here.

Use this method:
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Send_Saved_Game

Yes, you're right. I had two stacks, one was the army itself and the other one of its corps. The corps stayed inactive all the time, so only the army stack had assault orders. Now, after the 7th breach, the other stack seems to be active too so I should finally be able to take Königsberg!

Return to “Rise of Prussia”