poweraxe

French depot btns build area

Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:12 pm

In my current PBEMs I've noticed that the build area for French depot btns seems very limited (latest beta patch, both regular and grenadier). This makes it impossible to build all the possible depot btns for France, which makes reinforcement quite a bit more difficult.

Is it WAD that they can only be build in the Paris region? I believe that in previous patches they were buildable in Strasbourg & Colmar too (like most other French units).

lodilefty

Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:41 pm

poweraxe wrote:In my current PBEMs I've noticed that the build area for French depot btns seems very limited (latest beta patch, both regular and grenadier). This makes it impossible to build all the possible depot btns for France, which makes reinforcement quite a bit more difficult.

Is it WAD that they can only be build in the Paris region? I believe that in previous patches they were buildable in Strasbourg & Colmar too (like most other French units).

Defined currently as France only, and I find nothing different in changelog and older DB archives...

Grenadiers, Guards, Cavalry, Gendarmes, Volunteers units are also only built in France, so I think the designers intended this limitation...

Where else would it make sense to allow FRA Builds?
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

lycortas
Sergeant

other locs

Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:39 pm

Strasbourg would be nice just to give the French a few more options.

With where the western cities like Wesel are, I really wish the designers had given us one more hex row, i mean area, to work with along the Western edge.
Then there is the Russian situation; one more area along that edge would be great as well.

Mike

poweraxe

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:15 pm

lodilefty wrote:Defined currently as France only, and I find nothing different in changelog and older DB archives...

Grenadiers, Guards, Cavalry, Gendarmes, Volunteers units are also only built in France, so I think the designers intended this limitation...

Where else would it make sense to allow FRA Builds?

I understand what you're saying. But in that case, since the region represents an entire country, would it be possible (and make sense) to increase the build limit of the region to allow the French to build a bit more?

squarian
Brigadier General

Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:58 pm

lodilefty wrote:Where else would it make sense to allow FRA Builds?

Low Countries, on the grounds that as well as Holland/Austrian Netherlands it also represents the French frontier fortresses in Picardy, Champagne, Lorraine where regts would ordinarily be mustered?

Though increasing the limit in the France OMB to three rather than two builds would make most sense.

Carnium

Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:30 am

lodilefty

Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:26 pm

Carnium wrote:Wasn`t this fixed nearly two years ago?
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=183871&postcount=19

Yes and no. :bonk:

Yes: That's the solution, and the designer says OK so we'll add it.

No: Apparently the change never made it into the DB, so it was lost with next patch...

Yes: I'll add it into next update! :thumbsup:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Carnium

Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:08 pm

lodilefty wrote:Yes and no. :bonk:

Yes: That's the solution, and the designer says OK so we'll add it.

No: Apparently the change never made it into the DB, so it was lost with next patch...

Yes: I'll add it into next update! :thumbsup:

Strange. Will have to re-check some older threads for "missing fixes" tho :bonk:

Return to “Rise of Prussia”