Metalist
Sergeant

Saxony Surrender Event

Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:29 pm

Hello!
After finishing tutorials and completing Invasion of Saxony campaign with victory, i thought i may have been ready for grand campaign. But i think i failed at the first step. I'm trying to make Saxons surrender but i simply can't do it. Fredrick was sieging Pirma and I controlled every neighbor region eventhough it says only 3 regions, which i don't remember their names, at the description. But the capulation event that i saw at AARs never fired, and after some turns Pirma disappeared without giving a sign or report or something. As event doesn't fire, i can't feel that i am doing right. Is it supposed to be like this or is there something i'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

lodilefty

Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:01 pm

This has been reported numerous times, and the answer is still:

Yes, the event needs some work, but we are going to get a stable patch first before any more improvements.

Please be patient. :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Metalist
Sergeant

Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:48 pm

Ebbingford

Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:25 pm

In all the games I have played through testing against the AI it has always worked Ok for me, I haven't seen any strangeness. I always put a force in each of the following regions Pirna, Dippoldiswalde and Radeberg. Don't even try to assault the camp, just sit them there for 3 or 4 or 5 turns and the event fires, unless the Austrians arrive and force me back in which case it shouldn't fire anyway.
It has worked OK every time.

HHFD50
Captain

Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:32 pm

Same for me, has worked every time and to my chagrin since I play as the Austrians. Luckily, however, when capitulation does occur I have already successfully evacuated the Saxon army intact to Austrian territory. What I cannot seem to fathom is WHY Saxony surrenders if the entire army is still serviceable in the field regardless of Pirna's fate? On the very rare occassion I am able to prevent the surrender, but most of the time the event fires anyway.

lodilefty

Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:16 pm

HHFD50 wrote:Same for me, has worked every time and to my chagrin since I play as the Austrians. Luckily, however, when capitulation does occur I have already successfully evacuated the Saxon army intact to Austrian territory. What I cannot seem to fathom is WHY Saxony surrenders if the entire army is still serviceable in the field regardless of Pirna's fate? On the very rare occassion I am able to prevent the surrender, but most of the time the event fires anyway.

This is one of the issues we will address.

OK?
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

enalut
Conscript

Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:34 am

What I have found wierd is that I still ge the Saxony Surrender event (as Prussia) even after I have assaultyed and destroyed the army in Prina....

Anazagar
Lieutenant

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:04 am

Kinda makes sense as it gives you the 6 saxon units.

Narwhal

Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:19 pm

Just a small point : would it be possible to end the "Rage at Saxon Surrender" one turn after Pirna's surrender ? After a battle in which I won 13 NM against the Austrian, I am back BELOW the Austrian NM due to that event, even though Pirna surrendered 2 or 3 turns ago.

Apart from that, the new event works top-notch.

Return to “Rise of Prussia”