Bertram

Insurrectio Infantry???

Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:16 pm

I am currently playing a game from the Austrian side. Buying some troops I came upon the Insurrectio Infantry (also available in Cavalry flavor).
What are those troops? If you dig into the description you get regular (line) infantry as troops. They also have the stats (firepower, initiative, cohesion) of regular infantry*. They will be named 1.Militia and 2.Militia though. And there is no NATO symbol on the upper right hand corner to click on.... (it is blanc there...)

So - are these guys militia with a wrong type of troops, regular troops in police duty, with a strange name, or any thing else?

* regular Hungarian Line Infantry that is, the German variant has a bit more firepower. The only difference I could find between the Hungarian Infantry and the Insurrectio Infantry is that the former comes in a 5 element btn and the latter in 3 element btn. And the insurrectio Infantry is 1 gold cheaper per element.

PhilThib

Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:47 pm

These units are for a later period than the 7YW, they are not supposed to be used in the current game. If they appear in the force pool, it is a mistake :)

squarian
Brigadier General

Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:33 am

I built those in our last game, Bertram - you probably saw them through the pall of powder smoke without knowing it. :D

I don't know much about the Hungarian insurrectio, except that it was something like the original Hungarian feudal levy, like the French arriere ban. I have a vague notion that it was dusted off during the Napoleonic Wars and reformed as a sort of Hungarian Landwehr, but I wasn't aware it was ever mobilized for the 7YW - I just figured the AGEOD folks knew something I didn't. :blink:

Bertram

Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:37 am

Well, if you see them, you can't shoot at them. That would be ahistorical, as Phil said, they are needed later on :) .

Phil: they do appear, in fact somewhere from turn 5 of the campaign, both infantry and cavalry. I'll stop buying them, but the database team can add them to the things to correct...

rogs
Sergeant

Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:39 am

there's a reference to them in one of the ospreys (Austro-Hungarian Army of the Seven Years War) at google books if you google 'hungarian insurrectio'

they're described as an 'almost fictional noble levy'

they were mobilised in the 1809 war and comprised part of Archduke John's column supposed to reinforce the Austrian left flank on the day of Wagram; they never made it, which might indicate their value as fighting troops.
[SIZE="1"]M. THERESA D.G.R. IMP. HU. BO. REG.
Justitia et Clementia[/size]

Return to “Rise of Prussia”