stormbringer3
Sergeant

I wish I could buy this game!

Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:56 pm

I have really enjoyed the other AGEOD games I have bought. I'd love to buy this game, but I live in a dial-up only area of the U.S. and download only games are not an option for me. It is so disappointing that I have to pass up more and more good games because they are download only. There are many rural areas of the U.S. that do not have high speed internet. Oh well.

Nikel

Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:08 pm

And a small town nearby with a fast connection internet cafe?

You can use an USB memory stick to take the game from the cafe PC to your own

stormbringer3
Sergeant

Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:09 pm

I'm not sure how my post ended up in this part of the RoP forum. Please move it to the appropriate part of the forum if necessary.
Thanks.

Rafiki

Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:40 pm

stormbringer3 wrote:I'm not sure how my post ended up in this part of the RoP forum. Please move it to the appropriate part of the forum if necessary.
Thanks.

[color="Blue"]No worries :) [/color]
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

CarnageINC
Sergeant

Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:50 pm

Where at in the states do you live? If its anywhere near me I could meet you to give you your purchase on disk? A little road trip isn't to hard to do. Thats only if you live in SD or east WY ;)

vonRocko
Colonel

Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:22 am

Welcome too the wonderful future of pc games, you can't even get a cardboard box and a plastic disc for your money anymore!

rogs
Sergeant

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:23 am

Rafiki wrote:[color="Blue"]No worries :) [/color]

rafiki i'm impressed by your aussie slang . . .
[SIZE="1"]M. THERESA D.G.R. IMP. HU. BO. REG.
Justitia et Clementia[/size]

Rafiki

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:30 am

It's been 30 years since I lived "down under", but I guess some things got stuck ;)

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

rezaf
Private

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:59 am

Nikel wrote:And a small town nearby with a fast connection internet cafe?

You can use an USB memory stick to take the game from the cafe PC to your own

For me, this is also a matter of "Vote with your wallet", though. I haven't bought a single game "digital only" yet - well, except for a few cheap shareware games - and it's not been always easy passing up on games I wanted. At the moment, I'm very tempted to make an exception for RoP, but I'm holding out for a little longer to see if any regional publisher maybe decides to bring out a boxed release after all.
_____
rezaf

Pocus

Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:21 am

Believe us, this is not by choice to be only digital for ROP right now. Just go to your local video games shop. There you'll see what people buy mainly, shooters & MMO. Not strategy games (unless you count the recently released *biiiiip* as a strategy game).

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Nial
Colonel

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:07 pm

I have now tried to buy this game 3 times. Never do I get an e-mail. Pay pal sucks and I hate online downloading of games. Of course I fully expect to see 3 charges on my discover card statement. ARRGHHHH
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rafiki

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:42 pm

Sorry to hear you are having such problems Nial :(

Is it the AGEOD shop you are trying to buy from? If so, please send a mail to support@ageod.com with all relevant details so that we can start digging into this and get it sorted out!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

stormbringer3
Sergeant

Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:30 pm

What is the possibility of having a small number of game discs made to sell on your site, Paradox, NWS, and Matrix. You would have to charge extra for this, but these sites have dedicated followers and the game would get additional exposure. I completely understand why brick and mortar retail is completely off the table.

Return to “Rise of Prussia”