Generalisimo

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:06 pm

Nial wrote:Thats all fine and good. But with a disc, I can have a comp crash, which just happened recently, and still install an old game that I want to play, no matter how long it's been since I bought it. Right now as I write this, I can't play the latest version of EU3 because I bought it from gamersgate under a different user name than the one I bought the original under. So it just sits there on my HD useless. How F***ed is that? I still regularly install and uninstall old favorite games that I bought 5+ years ago. Will GG or Ageod let me re download a game in 5 years for no cost? Will they even be around 5 years from now? No, I'll stick with my physical disc.

But why you have 2 users on GG?? :confused:
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

Nial
Colonel

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Because My comp crashed and it had been so long since Id downloaded the first game, I couldn't remember or find the info for my first account. At the time, I had no idea it mattered. I reasoned, logicaly ( I thought) "Hey, what difference does it make, I'm paying for the game" So now, not only can't I play the latest expansion (that I payed for), I can't even patch IN Nomine because to patch it you have to go through GamersGate. Thats why I hate them and will never order anything from them again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Generalisimo

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:18 pm

Nial wrote:Because My comp crashed and it had been so long since Id downloaded the first game, I couldn't remember or find the info for my first account. At the time, I had no idea it mattered. I reasoned, logicaly ( I thought) "Hey, what difference does it make, I'm paying for the game" So now, not only can't I play the latest expansion (that I payed for), I can't even patch IN Nomine because to patch it you have to go through GamersGate. Thats why I hate them and will never order anything from them again.

Well, you made a mistake, really...
You should have tried to recover your account before creating a new one, specially if you had a game on that account. That's the only way to recover the files of the game that you bought.
If not, imagine that anyone can go to GG and say: "ey! I bought this game on another account but I can't remember the info about it, so send me the files anyway!!" :blink:
Also, if I am not mistaken, it is all explained in the "contract" that you accept when you join GG.
Napoleon Bonaparte

Rafiki

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:20 pm

boudi wrote:1) Download the setup.exe,
2) Burn it with your serial number in a txt file (with notepad, by exemple) on a CD/DVD.

You have your box version. :D

This is a good safeguard againts computer-crashes, Nial :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Nial
Colonel

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:42 pm

Generalisimo wrote:Well, you made a mistake, really...
You should have tried to recover your account before creating a new one, specially if you had a game on that account. That's the only way to recover the files of the game that you bought.
If not, imagine that anyone can go to GG and say: "ey! I bought this game on another account but I can't remember the info about it, so send me the files anyway!!" :blink:
Also, if I am not mistaken, it is all explained in the "contract" that you accept when you join GG.

Well, in the last 4 years I've had upwards of 6+ different email accounts with 3 different companies. I have 2 home based businesses, plus 2 seperate personal accounts and one for my day job. I tried to email them and get my old account, but unfortunately in the industry today, there are so many checks and balances to avoid piracy that, they just didn't believe me. So yeah, I guess you could lay all the blame at my door. But it doesn't change the fact that I didn't get what I payed for. And saying " You signed the contract" is worthless at the end of the day. So I learned my lesson, and to make it easier on myself, I just don't do it. In the last 2 months, I have bought, Dragon Age Origions, and Mass Effect 2, both on disc, from Amazon.
I buy upwards of 6 to 10 games a year, and I have all the discs from all those games. So having the actual disc and the case it comes in is also alot easier when it comes to cataloging and organizing my game library.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Generalisimo

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:50 pm

Nial wrote:Well, in the last 4 years I've had upwards of 6+ different email accounts with 3 different companies. I have 2 home based businesses, plus 2 seperate personal accounts and one for my day job. I tried to email them and get my old account, but unfortunately in the industry today, there are so many checks and balances to avoid piracy that, they just didn't believe me. So yeah, I guess you could lay all the blame at my door. But it doesn't change the fact that I didn't get what I payed for. And saying " You signed the contract" is worthless at the end of the day. So I learned my lesson, and to make it easier on myself, I just don't do it. In the last 2 months, I have bought, Dragon Age Origions, and Mass Effect 2, both on disc, from Amazon.
I buy upwards of 6 to 10 games a year, and I have all the discs from all those games. So having the actual disc and the case it comes in is also alot easier when it comes to cataloging and organizing my game library.

The comment about "the contract" was not to blame you, but to explain you that it is all explained in there.
There isn't anything I can do to convince you that there is nothing "wrong" in this... :D
But beleive me, you can burn on a disc all the files from GG (including the serial) and you have your boxed version, just like another forum member said. ;)

Sadly for me, Digital Downloads are the only way to go... so, 99% of the games I bought are through these platforms (GG or Steam for example)
Napoleon Bonaparte

Nial
Colonel

Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:03 pm

Rafiki wrote:This is a good safeguard againts computer-crashes, Nial :)

Yes, I know. Im really not trying to be argumentative, Im really not! :)

I routinely back up things on my comp. But I allready have one room in our 4 bedroom house dedicated to copies of games, movies, pictures, and general paperwork that I need to save. Not to mention my office is in there. I just can't see copying more than I do now. Not to mention that even if you put a disc in a generic jewel case, its alot harder to find what your looking for. Have you ever thumbed through over a hundred clear jewel cases looking for one inparticular? I have. It's time consumming to say the least. :bonk:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rafiki

Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:14 pm

I know; I have my backup gamefiles on a separate server, just for that reason ;)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

vonRocko
Colonel

Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:59 pm

boudi wrote:1) Download the setup.exe,
2) Burn it with your serial number in a txt file (with notepad, by exemple) on a CD/DVD.

You have your box version. :D

I know this must work, people are doing it all the time. But, being the computer illiterate that I am, I can never get it right.I have tried with several games and just can't get it to load a game back.
I just play the games. I want to put it in and play. I don't mod or mess with files. So I buy games already on discs.
Ageod makes good games, and I would love to support and buy them.I'll pay extra for the box, what is the big deal. Don't give me the economics,because you will make up the cost by charging more for the physical game.
Just my opinion, good luck with the game.
Thanks

Franciscus

Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:37 am

A question: financially, what is the best for Ageod: buying directly from Ageod's shop or from GamersGate ?

I will buy RoP, and I want to know the best way to support the Phillippes :coeurs:

Regards

SlyBelle
Corporal

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:21 am

How does the discount work for BOA2? Do you get some kind of code when you pre-order on Gamersgate to get the discount? Will I be able to download BOA2 immoediately? Just trying to understand how it works. $35 for two games seems like a good deal!

susana

Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:32 am

It was posted in another thread and I just confirmed with GamersGate - right now you need to purchase RoP and when the purchase has been completed and is on your account - you'll automatically see a discount for Birth of America 2 available for purchase. They are working on making this clearer and smoother but right now, this is how you can obtain the pre-order bonus.

Kind regards
Susana Meza
Paradox Interactive Publishing

SlyBelle
Corporal

Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:58 pm

susana wrote:It was posted in another thread and I just confirmed with GamersGate - right now you need to purchase RoP and when the purchase has been completed and is on your account - you'll automatically see a discount for Birth of America 2 available for purchase. They are working on making this clearer and smoother but right now, this is how you can obtain the pre-order bonus.

Kind regards
Susana Meza
Paradox Interactive Publishing

Thanks for the instructions!

Return to “Rise of Prussia”