Nikel

Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:45 pm

PhilThib wrote:Among other(s) ... ;) ;)

I'll post some screenshots later today :cool:

Thanks, glad to know :)

Because for example NCP was ever published in the USA?

PhilThib

Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:55 pm

I beleive NCP will soon be publshed in the USA...looks like previous discussions that prevented this are now something of the past and the matter should be resolved in a few weeks ;) :thumbsup:

kayapo
Private

Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:52 pm

Pocus wrote:Europa Universalis was originally a boardgame which was made by Philippe Thibaut and which was converted to PC by Johan and team, with PhilThib as advisor.

While I never played the boardgame I picked up a copy of Europa Universalis when I lived in France more then 10 years ago (is that right? i think it is) and since then I've been in love with those games developed for that engine.

So thank you PhilThib for countless hours of fun not only from AACW but Europa Universalis as well.

I know this is a total hijack of the thread, but since we are on the subject, shouldn't games from AGEOD be sold on Gamersgate? Wouldn't a game like Vanglory of Nations benefit a lot from being sold together with Victoria or even the to be released Victoria 2?

Please forgive me if I'm crossing the line here. Again, just curious as to why two of the most innovative and interesting developers in Europe don't work together anymore, since they did work at some point. =)

Pocus

Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:17 pm

AACW has been sold on GamersGate, and I believe BOA 1 too.

As for future partnership with Gamersgate, this is definitively on our agenda, and even with Paradox. There is room for both, especially given the fact we do turn based games and they do real-time (continuous time) ones so the overlap is minimal for us.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Nial
Colonel

Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:33 pm

Well, I refuse to use Gamersgate after they screwed me over on the EU3 compliation. So I'll just keep on ordering direct from AGEOD if thats ok. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dduff442
Private

Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:10 pm

Looking forward to RoP.

Paradox have sadly been on a meandering downhill course ever since EUII.

dduff

Rafiki

Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:37 pm

Pocus wrote:AACW has been sold on GamersGate, and I believe BOA 1 too.

Indeed.

In fact, my introduction to AGEOD came from acquiring BOA at Gamersgate, so I'm pretty happy for it being sold there :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

squarian
Brigadier General

Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:07 am

Pocus wrote:There is room for both, especially given the fact we do turn based games and they do real-time (continuous time) ones so the overlap is minimal for us.

Quite so. Synergy is good, and IMO the hobby is too small to worry overmuch about which company is good and which is better. Back in the Cardboard Era, when Jim Dunnigan left Avalon Hill to start SPI both companies benefited and the result was the Golden Age of Wargaming (c. 1975-85).

How many of us felt that there was only room for one wargame company then? I know I was happy to buy all the wargames my newspaper route money could bring me, and I didn't care very much whether the box said AH or SPI, as long the topic was interesting. Let a million flowers bloom, I say.

And speaking of SPI - didn't they publish the first board wargame on Frederick the Great (called, IIRC, "Frederick the Great"?). I wonder how much of a debt RoP's design will owe to that classic?

PhilThib

Rise of Prussia screenshots

Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:52 am

Russians in East Prussia

Attachments
ROP_The_Cossacks_are_Coming.jpg

PhilThib

Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:54 am

Swiss Mercenaries ( shown here 2 Swiss regiments of the French army)

Attachments
ROP_Vive les Suisses.jpg

PhilThib

Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:57 am

Multi-choice Events : the new feature allows player to choose what to do in some events (historical choice always shown first, and tooltips give game consequences)

Attachments
ROP_MultiChoiceEvents.jpg

PhilThib

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:01 am

Construction Mode: easy, just drag and drop in green areas where construction is allowed

Attachments
ROP_ConstructionMode.jpg

Beren
Captain

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:35 am

:mdr: :coeurs:
"... tell the Emperor that I am facing Russians.
If they had been Prussians, I'd have taken the
position long ago."
- Marshal Ney, 1813

Pocus

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:36 am

As for the release date, it will be after Christmas, chances are that it will be ready for end of January though.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Hasardeur
Sergeant

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:55 am

Very nice screenshots ! I have one question : Will so many leaders remain faceless ? This faceless leaders looks quit ugly for me - may be you could include a kind of "standard face" for them.

Greets

PhilThib

Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:57 am

Well, the lack of faces is linked to the lack of sources for the real portraits of those guys....now we feel that distinguishing the 'known' guy from the 'less-known' one though those blank faces is nice (it has less a 'Clone Wars' effect IMHO, because it does not look that 'real')...a matter of different tastes obviously...

Of course, the nice alternative would be someone produces for us about 50-60 different faces to use for those unknown leaders...any volunteeer ;)

Anguille

Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:49 pm

PhilThib wrote:Of course, the nice alternative would be someone produces for us about 50-60 different faces to use for those unknown leaders...any volunteeer ;)

Don't know, but Magitech (Sango 2/Takeda 3 and S&H2) have a fairly large amount of faces for their games...maybe you could convince them to share them with you?

Cheers

PhilThib

Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:56 pm

Asian faces in the War in Laces era ? May be not a bad idea, should investigate...the trick is that the images should be redone anyway in the spirit of the artistic line we have now... :confused:

Anguille

Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:13 pm

PhilThib wrote:Asian faces in the War in Laces era ? May be not a bad idea, should investigate...the trick is that the images should be redone anyway in the spirit of the artistic line we have now... :confused:

Actually, not sure, i would say that their portraits from their first Strength & Honour, Roman Faction, are the most similar imho...the artwork in their latest games have been much more realistic.

Just a sample:

Cheers

Carnium

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:01 pm

Pocus wrote:As for the release date, it will be after Christmas, chances are that it will be ready for end of January though.

Maybe January the 16th? :neener:

Great screens. This is on my shopping list for sure :thumbsup:

Achilles84
Conscript

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:25 pm

Awesome screenshots. The game looks really great. :thumbsup:

Longhairedlout
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:53 pm

Nice screenshots, ROP has a distinctive look and feel, looking forward to its release :thumbsup:

Knight of the Realm
Sergeant

Wow!

Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:02 pm

Agreed. Looks really fantastic! :thumbsup: Can't wait!! (well I can because I have to, sniff. :p leure :)

Nial
Colonel

Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:30 pm

January? No, this is not good. I will be deep in Mass Effect2 Xbox land in late January. :bonk: :confused:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PANGI

Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:33 am

Oh...my nipples will explode with delight...
ImageImage

Rooster
Corporal

Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:50 pm

PhilThib wrote:Of course, the nice alternative would be someone produces for us about 50-60 different faces to use for those unknown leaders...any volunteeer ;)

Another thought might be to have a "generic" face used again and again for the leaders without a known portrait. I always laugh because that portrait of the "old Dessauer" is used as the generic portrait in Clash of Monarchs. A funny choice because the portrait is so distinctive, with the oak leaves in his hat. :)

Rooster
Corporal

Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:01 pm

Pocus wrote:As for the release date, it will be after Christmas, chances are that it will be ready for end of January though.

Excellent! Does that mean that work on the Marlborough game will start in February? :D :neener:

Mistmatz
Conscript

Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:15 pm

You noticed there wasn't a year mentioned, right... :siffle:

Ironclad61
Major

Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:15 pm

Great news, i wait for the demo and see the new game (a mix of WIA and ACW) and then call the war council :D

I like the production system, simply and elegant and the same for the map, much better than Napoleon game but more clear than ACW (i like ACW map and Napoleon is good but i prefer the map that i see in the screens).

Good job, wait that the game has the same support than your other games... and talking about the "vil metal" (money) has the game final price or you are in negociations with slaves standed in their PCs??? :niark:

Nial
Colonel

Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:35 pm

PANGI wrote:Oh...my nipples will explode with delight...

That is just soooo wrong. :mdr:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Rise of Prussia”