pvthudson01
Private

Combat?

Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:38 pm

How do you think this game will compare to something like this game:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2142817

Which, as far as I know, is this games only competition. Will the combat use the same system as NCP, WIA, and Civil War game?

arsan

Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:47 pm

Hi

Its the same subject but on a different scale.
Something like TOAW and COmbat Mission
ROP uses the AACW/NCP/WIA system so its an operational/strategical game. Combat will be resolved the same way (maybe with some improvements on the battle report) but with no tactical battles.
H&M si a pure tactical battle game so, they are kind of complementary. :)

Sol Invictus

Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:53 pm

No competition at all. I beta tested and own H&M and it is a really nice game but it is strictly a tactical game. RoP is very similar to the previous AGEOD games with some nice enhancements and will cover the entire SYW at a strategic/operational level. Get them both! :thumbsup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

MrT
Colonel

Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:44 am

lol looking at that reminded me of my first ever pc game... alexander the great (no not the rubbish movie game) was hex based was quite good fun as i recall, didnt know people still made hex based games, wow.
hmm want to find that game again now... off to ebay or amazon..

MrT
Colonel

Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:23 pm

Sol Invictus

Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:20 pm

Yeah I owned all of the Great Battles of... games a long time ago. They were really nice games. I bought GB of Alexander off of Ebay several years ago but had trouble getting it to run in XP. I hope that GOG picks up the series and re-releases them. Slitherine is releasing Fields of Glory in a coupdle of months. Hopefully it is similar to the GB games.

I am still hoping that AGEOD gets around to releasing a Second Punic War titles at some point. hint hint Phil ;) I am happy though that ROP is about to be released because this is one of my favorite periods of wargamming. :thumbsup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

MrT
Colonel

Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:45 pm

Sol Invictus wrote:I am still hoping that AGEOD gets around to releasing a Second Punic War titles at some point. hint hint Phil ;) I am happy though that ROP is about to be released because this is one of my favorite periods of wargamming. :thumbsup:

Ditto, and so under-used because it doesnt intrest the americans enough.

mjw
Lieutenant

Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:24 pm

MrT wrote:Ditto, and so under-used because it doesnt intrest the americans enough.

You're not kidding brother. I tried in vain to find books on the warfighting in the age of enlightenment and books on the 7 years war in Europe here in various bookstores stateside. No luck. I had to order from Amazon.

If you go to the "German History" section and knew nothing about that area of europe, you would now know the following:

(1) Austria had some type of involement in the Naploeonic wars
(2) Then the Nazi's came...

Pathetic really as these wars had a great effect on Thomas Paine and other who advocated for Independence for the US.

Return to “Rise of Prussia”