Hok
General

Towns and Fortifications in RoP

Thu May 14, 2009 10:14 am

In RoP, you will be able to see multiple fortification and town levels.

Towns :
When a town level is lower or equal to 3, we called him small city
When a town level is higher than 3, we called him large city

Fortifications :
The first level of fortification will be symoblized with a wall
Fortification level 2 and higher will be symbolized with "Vauban style" defenses
There is a level 0 fortification who will be symbolized bt an entranched camp (like Pirna 1756)

Here are (from left to right)
Entranched camp | Fort level 1 | Fort level 2 and higher
+ version with supply depot

Small City | Small city with Fort level 1 | Small City with Fort level 2 and higher

Large City | Large City with Fort level 1 | Large City with Fort level 2 and higher

Florent

Thu May 14, 2009 11:50 am

Thanks, thus there is Vauban style fortress :coeurs: Excellent.

Sol Invictus

Thu May 14, 2009 1:35 pm

Ah, there are the Vauban star forts. Looks great! :thumbsup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

TiFlo
Captain

Thu May 14, 2009 1:47 pm

Wow, those look beautiful! Great job :thumbsup: :coeurs:
[CENTER]« Quel pays ! Quels hommes ! Quelle guerre ! Non, ma chère maman, votre enfant n'est pas fait pour habiter cette contrée barbare. »
[/CENTER]
[CENTER] Louis-Antoine de Bougainville, 1758
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

[CENTER][color=DarkGreen]WIA 1.05 Patch[/color]
[/CENTER]

aryaman

Thu May 14, 2009 2:28 pm

In NCP fortifications were very weak, I hope they are stronger in RoP so that they can´t be assaulted inmediatelly without a siege.

Sol Invictus

Thu May 14, 2009 2:53 pm

aryaman wrote:In NCP fortifications were very weak, I hope they are stronger in RoP so that they can´t be assaulted inmediatelly without a siege.

Or at least make assaulting them very costly in blood and cohesion. This would all depend upon the strength of the garrison and level of fortification of course. Armed Camps shouldn't be a huge problem, but a level 2 or higher fortress should be a major problem to assault if garrisoned adequately. I assume that there will be Siege Artillery and this should help reduce the fortifications relatively quickly if the Siege Train is adequate.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Florent

Thu May 14, 2009 3:53 pm

What is the difference between level 2 and higher ? What is the best level ?

Sol Invictus

Thu May 14, 2009 5:23 pm

Just guessing, but based on previous games and the screenshots of the Fortress levels in ROP, the outerworks and bastions don't get built until Level 2 so these seem to be proper Fortifications and would be hard to assault without a breach. The Entrenched Camps and Level 1 Fortresses would still cause increased casualties in an assault but shouldn't be nearly as formidable as level 2 and higher. I assume that Level 3 is the highest. That's my take on it at least. I don't know the exact difference in the Fortress Levels of course but maybe Hok will be nice and tell us. :evilgrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Florent

Thu May 14, 2009 5:42 pm

I have asked the question because Küstrin at level 1 seems underrated. It was a Vauban style fortress on an Island and outerworks.
If the level 3 is the best it means that it will be fortress like Magdebourg, Breslau, Schweidnitz or Olmütz (built or much improved after the Austrian succession).
Look at Osprey for the fortress of Küstrin or in the Wargame "Zorndorf "(historical notes) published by CoA.
You can look at it at Amazon, look inside and then backcover.

Hohenlohe

Thu May 14, 2009 6:18 pm

The images about fortification and towns are looking wonderful.
But I wonder how you will implement Spandau Fortress which was nearby Berlin in that days and was some sort of sanctuary for the prussian government officials and mint as the Croats and later the Russians appeared in front of Berlin. If it is not possible to implement Spandau citadel so could be Berlin made a Level 1 Fortress with only a small garrison, which a player could expand and improve??

greetings

Hohenlohe :coeurs:
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Nikel

Thu May 14, 2009 6:40 pm

Florent wrote:I have asked the question because Küstrin at level 1 seems underrated. It was a Vauban style fortress on an Island and outerworks.
If the level 3 is the best it means that it will be fortress like Magdebourg, Breslau, Schweidnitz or Olmütz (built or much improved after the Austrian succession).
Look at Osprey for the fortress of Küstrin or in the Wargame "Zorndorf "(historical notes) published by CoA.
You can look at it at Amazon, look inside and then backcover.

Which fortress series book deals with Kustrin fortress? There is a book about the Vaugan fortresses, but of France

http://www.ospreypublishing.com/store/The-Vauban-Fortifications-of-France_9781841768755

Florent

Thu May 14, 2009 6:41 pm

Sorry Nikel, it is the Zorndorf Campaign. :cool:

Nikel

Thu May 14, 2009 6:42 pm

Oh, thanks :)

Rooster
Corporal

Fri May 15, 2009 3:02 am

Truly fabulous! :coeurs:

Return to “Rise of Prussia”