aryaman

Selecting large stacks for desease

Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:52 pm

I think there is a command to select the largest stacks, couldn´t that be used to hit them with disease? I mean, large human concentrations tended to produce epidemics at the time, it could be a reasonable way to select stacks instead of the rather random selection of small garrisons we have in AACW.

Hohenlohe

Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:01 pm

aryaman wrote:I think there is a command to select the largest stacks, couldn´t that be used to hit them with disease? I mean, large human concentrations tended to produce epidemics at the time, it could be a reasonable way to select stacks instead of the rather random selection of small garrisons we have in AACW.

Do not forget that there was still another reason for higher attrition losses in that time: the number of deserters during marching and after battles whereby I think this losses were greater in numbers for most of the Prussian enemies due to the harsher prussian drill and morale the Prussian had less losses during marching.

greetings

Hohenlohe :coeurs:
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Hok
General

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:33 am

aryaman wrote:I think there is a command to select the largest stacks, couldn´t that be used to hit them with disease? I mean, large human concentrations tended to produce epidemics at the time, it could be a reasonable way to select stacks instead of the rather random selection of small garrisons we have in AACW.

Epidemics and poor sanitation are a part of ROP random events ... they target larger stacks first ;)

aryaman

Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:44 pm

Hok wrote:Epidemics and poor sanitation are a part of ROP random events ... they target larger stacks first ;)

Good! but is there a way the player can prevent them? I mean, I don´t like pure random, I would like something like a critical size of stack over which the probability increase, also depending on terrain and weather season, so that if your larger field army is hit by a devastating epidemic, you can say, well, it is my fault, not just bad luck.

lodilefty

Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:50 pm

aryaman wrote:Good! but is there a way the player can prevent them? I mean, I don´t like pure random, I would like something like a critical size of stack over which the probability increase, also depending on terrain and weather season, so that if your larger field army is hit by a devastating epidemic, you can say, well, it is my fault, not just bad luck.

Yes. The 'Sanitation' event requires a minimum stack size.....
...so by keeping your stacks 'smaller', you can avoid the event.

This event currently is used in many WIA campaigns ;)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Return to “Rise of Prussia”