Nikel

Navies in RoP

Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:49 pm

From the explanation of the map limits I understand that the only sea available to play with is the baltic

Perhaps this book is useful for somebody, as it covers the period

Anderson, R.C. Naval wars in the Baltic during the sailing-ship epoch, 1522-1850 (1910)

http://www.archive.org/details/navalwarsinbalti00andeuoft

Example page

[ATTACH]7474[/ATTACH]
Attachments
p0256.jpg

Hohenlohe

Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:35 pm

I didn't remember that there has been a prussian fleet in that time. Only as I have read about the Brandenburgian colonies in Africa in another forum I have looked for some infos about a navy of the Prussian in that time.

greetings

Hohenlohe :D
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Nikel

Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:08 pm

Hohenlohe wrote:I didn't remember that there has been a prussian fleet in that time. Only as I have read about the Brandenburgian colonies in Africa in another forum I have looked for some infos about a navy of the Prussian in that time.

greetings

Yes, very small though.

Here is described a naval action

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Frisches_Haff

Hohenlohe

Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:57 pm

Around 1700 they had some frigates, but as I know the grandfather of Frederick gave up the colonies and the fleet because he had no ambitions and due to the fact he needed more money for his expensive royal court.
I do not know if the Prussians had more than these galiots they had used against the Swedes. Nikel, do you know a better source for this than wikipedia ??

greetings

R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Nikel

Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:27 pm

Hohenlohe wrote:Around 1700 they had some frigates, but as I know the grandfather of Frederick gave up the colonies and the fleet because he had no ambitions and due to the fact he needed more money for his expensive royal court.
I do not know if the Prussians had more than these galiots they had used against the Swedes. Nikel, do you know a better source for this than wikipedia ??

greetings

Except the book in the first post, no ;) This book is quoted in the bibliography of the wikipedia article, so I think that information is extracted from the book

Return to “Rise of Prussia”