Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Circumvallatio Regional Decision

Thu May 09, 2013 7:47 pm

From the description I understand that this represents extra defensive works around a fortress to protect troops that are outside the fortress.

(During the 80 Years Wars the Spanish troops around my city of Groningen actually needed this, because the citizens wouldn't allow those troops into the city, despite being on the King's side, but preferring to keep control of their own city).

I applied this decision twice to Strallsund, but I don't see any effect on the troops of Hamilton, that are outside the city, just at entrenchment level 2. (and the gain in military control is of no use, as it is already at 100%).

[ATTACH]22512[/ATTACH]

So what is its real effect?

The AI chooses this decision all over the map.

At least this way the War Supply becomes relevant, I have never seen a shortage in this resource before, but when the AI builds all these Circumvallations and Redoubts, it must be using quite a bit of it.
Attachments
Circumvallatio.jpg

PhilThib

Thu May 09, 2013 7:57 pm

The decision effect should be to boost entrenchment level up to 8...may be the game's cap is limiting it in some cases. Can you give us a save here too?

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Thu May 09, 2013 8:12 pm

[ATTACH]22514[/ATTACH]
PhilThib wrote:The decision effect should be to boost entrenchment level up to 8...may be the game's cap is limiting it in some cases. Can you give us a save here too?

Here is the save
Attachments
Russia.zip
(3.83 MiB) Downloaded 187 times

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Thu May 09, 2013 8:39 pm

By the way, are you supposed to see the effect somewhere in the region?

The decision icon disappears after the 2 turn duration.

And when additional troops enter the region, do they profit as well?

And when the original troops move away?

Curious minds want to know :wacko:

PhilThib

Thu May 09, 2013 8:41 pm

This is supposed to work like any other entrenching process: the stacks in the region will get the benefits for as long as they don't move out. As far as entering stacks are concerned, I don't know.. Will check with Pocus

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Thu May 09, 2013 8:51 pm

Ah, maybe I destroyed the effect myself.

I have taken single regiments out of the stack, in order to check whether they were at maximum number of elements - because some of them were still receiving reinforcing elements, then rejoined them with the wing.

Pocus

Fri May 10, 2013 9:53 am

There is a bug in the script, we will fix that.

Entrenchment works this way in AGE: you can add troops to the stack, they will get the entrenchment. You can move out of the stack a unit, it will get the same entrenchment level. From that you deduce that you can prep/maintain entrenchments by keeping a unit in the region.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “Rise of Prussia”