Florent

Wed May 06, 2009 12:22 pm

Orca, you're right especially with hindsight. But the Prussians like Fred can try for puttin Austria out of the war rapidly, historically he failed but the players can try.
The Russians have the problem of supply depot, in 1757 after not taking Könisberg, they had to come back on their borders, when Königsberg was taken they were too long to take Kolberg or Küstrin for a new base of opérations (Kolberg fall in 1761 but too late as Elysabeth died the same year).
The players will try with hindsight to avoid this but perhaps there will be events or so...moreover playtesting is there just for that, to have balance and historical result. ;)

Florent

Sun May 10, 2009 3:39 pm

I was looking again at the Screenshot and on the lower left near the globe, don't you think that this is the Dome/Roof of Sans-Souci castle in blue/green ?

Sol Invictus

Sun May 10, 2009 4:02 pm

Yeah I think you are probably correct. I can't imagine what else it would be.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

arsan

Sun May 10, 2009 4:46 pm

Florent wrote:I was looking again at the Screenshot and on the lower left near the globe, don't you think that this is the Dome/Roof of Sans-Souci castle in blue/green ?

Sure it is! Good eyes! :thumbsup:
But the ono in the screenshot is still an alphaversion Sans-souci. It looks better now ;)

Sol Invictus

Sun May 10, 2009 4:50 pm

arsan wrote:Sure it is! Good eyes! :thumbsup:
But the ono in the screenshot is still an alphaversion Sans-souci. It looks better now ;)

Uh, about those screenshots. :siffle:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

arsan

Sun May 10, 2009 6:30 pm

Sol Invictus wrote:Uh, about those screenshots. :siffle:

I'm just a humble little beta included on the group mainly for the texts translations to spanish :innocent: I don't take decisions ;)
Now, if some of the project bosses give me the OK and some instructions about what could be shown i would be pleased to post some teaser... :wacko:

Sol Invictus

Sun May 10, 2009 6:38 pm

arsan wrote:I'm just a humble little beta included on the group mainly for the texts translations to spanish :innocent: I don't take decisions ;)
Now, if some of the project bosses give me the OK and some instructions about what could be shown i would be pleased to post some teaser... :wacko:

I am sure that I can speak for the entire community when I say that we expect some juicy screenshots sometime this week. :thumbsup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Florent

Sun May 10, 2009 7:29 pm

For now i like the map very much especially the wooded area that are much improved compared to NCP. It looks really like Forest.
The 2 Prussian soldiers are taken from an Osprey thus i don't think they are in game soldiers. Did you see some art so far Arsan ?
Since i have always loved Grenadiers or Fusilier with Mitre-cap(my favorite uniforms in history), this game (i'm sure) will be fabulous(at least for me). British Grenadier with a mitre made in wool, rather than a metal plate in front.
Contrary to NCP which have hundreds of thousand men and where it was difficult to have a favorite Rgt, in RiP (like WIA/BoA) the players indeed will have their favorite and trusty Rgt.
A truly colourfull period.

Nikel

Sun May 10, 2009 9:25 pm

arsan wrote:I'm just a humble little beta included on the group mainly for the texts translations to spanish :innocent: I don't take decisions ;)

Hey, but PhilThib said that Hok had run away with the only existing copy :niark:

Florent

Sun May 10, 2009 9:27 pm

I'm sure he worked a lot despite the fact that in France, it was a big week-end since 8th may is not workable in France. :D

arsan

Sun May 10, 2009 10:05 pm

Nikel wrote:Hey, but PhilThib said that Hok had run away with the only existing copy :niark:

I guess Hok ran away with the only "most recent" existing copy ;)

Sol Invictus

Mon May 11, 2009 1:44 am

Damnit Hok! :grr: Get yourself back to headquarters and post some screenshots for the love of God! :p leure: We ask for so little. :crying:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hok
General

Mon May 11, 2009 9:04 am

/Golum voice

"My Precious ...."

gpepper

Mon May 11, 2009 10:28 am

Florent wrote:I was looking again at the Screenshot and on the lower left near the globe, don't you think that this is the Dome/Roof of Sans-Souci castle in blue/green ?

Bravo ! C'est encore un militaire qui gagne une tringle à rideaux !

eng mode on:

Congrats, It's another soldier who wins a curtain rod !

sorry, french joke...
[CENTER]. : G P E P P E R : .
[url]http://www.gillespfeiffer.com[/URL]
[url]http://www.frenchschoolofcg.com[/URL][/align]

Rooster
Corporal

Tue May 12, 2009 2:52 am

gpepper wrote:Bravo ! C'est encore un militaire qui gagne une tringle à rideaux !

eng mode on:

Congrats, It's another soldier who wins a curtain rod !

sorry, french joke...

So I love all kinds of jokes... but can you explain this one? I want to laugh too! :w00t:

gpepper

Tue May 12, 2009 9:38 am

Rooster wrote:So I love all kinds of jokes... but can you explain this one? I want to laugh too! :w00t:

ahah, sorry, I am not sure to be able to explain you this joke because it was a sentence used by a french humorist in one of his standup comedy...
It was just a joke to critisize how bad are the prizes in TV games...
Did I make you laugh ? :bonk: :bonk:

Sol Invictus

Tue May 12, 2009 2:25 pm

gpepper wrote:ahah, sorry, I am not sure to be able to explain you this joke because it was a sentence used by a french humorist in one of his standup comedy...
It was just a joke to critisize how bad are the prizes in TV games...
Did I make you laugh ? :bonk: :bonk:

:rofl: Uh what? :blink: ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TiFlo
Captain

Tue May 12, 2009 4:57 pm

I did laugh :D
But I admit it would be kind of hard to explain the joke taken out of the full act.
[CENTER]« Quel pays ! Quels hommes ! Quelle guerre ! Non, ma chère maman, votre enfant n'est pas fait pour habiter cette contrée barbare. »
[/CENTER]
[CENTER] Louis-Antoine de Bougainville, 1758
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

[CENTER][color=DarkGreen]WIA 1.05 Patch[/color]
[/CENTER]

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

RoP?

Tue May 12, 2009 11:58 pm

Isn't this an excuse for not upgrading NC? Surely Bonaparte had enough wars to scrape together a campaign? t

arsan

Wed May 13, 2009 7:44 am

tagwyn wrote:Isn't this an excuse for not upgrading NC? Surely Bonaparte had enough wars to scrape together a campaign? t

:confused:
Would you care to elaborate?? :blink:
I don't think i get what you mean... :bonk:

gpepper

Wed May 13, 2009 7:54 am

TiFlo wrote:I did laugh :D
But I admit it would be kind of hard to explain the joke taken out of the full act.

Tiflo you seem to understand french so maybe you know Coluche ? It is a sentence from him...

Nikel

Wed May 13, 2009 9:35 am

arsan wrote: :confused:
Would you care to elaborate?? :blink:
I don't think i get what you mean... :bonk:

Probably he meant that he would have liked NCP2 will a full campaign more than RoP.

tagwyn do not worry, NCP2 will come. PhilThib said it several times :thumbsup:

PhilThib

Wed May 13, 2009 9:42 am

I confirm. The problem is simple: NCP2 cannot be released until VGN is complete, for various reasons.... but ROP can.. which does not mean we forgot le Corse ;)

arsan

Wed May 13, 2009 9:43 am

Nikel wrote:Probably he meant that he would have liked NCP2 will a full campaign more than RoP.

tagwyn do not worry, NCP2 will come. PhilThib said it several times :thumbsup:

Yes, but NCP2 can't be done without the new game engine features that are being done for VGN (diplomacy, multi sided game and the like), so NCP2 can't come before VGN :bonk:

EDIT: the boss was faster than me! :D

PhilThib

Wed May 13, 2009 9:46 am

arsan wrote:EDIT: the boss was faster than me! :D

You know why I am the boss now :mdr:

Padreigh
Private
Location: Leinster; Grand Duchy of Berg; Kingdom of Westphalia (moving around a lot...)

Mon May 25, 2009 10:52 am

Another nice looking game. And it seems that those things I didn't like in Napoleon's Campaigns have been fixed. :)

Looks like a must-buy (and another opportunity to kick the Prussians and their fluteplaying little king in the butt :happyrun :)

Sol Invictus

Mon May 25, 2009 2:19 pm

Padreigh wrote:Another nice looking game. And it seems that those things I didn't like in Napoleon's Campaigns have been fixed. :)

Looks like a must-buy (and another opportunity to kick the Prussians and their fluteplaying little king in the butt :happyrun :)

Just be sure that you don't find that flute lodged in your ear and a bayonet in your gut. :neener:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Padreigh
Private
Location: Leinster; Grand Duchy of Berg; Kingdom of Westphalia (moving around a lot...)

Mon May 25, 2009 3:58 pm

Sol Invictus wrote:Just be sure that you don't find that flute lodged in your ear and a bayonet in your gut. :neener:

Ain't gonna happen. But I'll make sure that he can still play the flute at concertos in Berlin, the capital of the new Austrian province of Brandenburg. :D

And this is the first song he could accompany on his flute:
»Gennn–eral Laudon, Laudon rückt an, an, an,
Gennn–eral Laudon, Laudon rückt an.
Laudon rückt an, an, an,
Laudon rückt an, an, an,
Gennn–eral Laudon, Laudon rückt an.«

Just can't wait for the release date.

Sol Invictus

Mon May 25, 2009 4:40 pm

Padreigh wrote:Ain't gonna happen. But I'll make sure that he can still play the flute at concertos in Berlin, the capital of the new Austrian province of Brandenburg. :D

And this is the first song he could accompany on his flute:
»Gennn–eral Laudon, Laudon rückt an, an, an,
Gennn–eral Laudon, Laudon rückt an.
Laudon rückt an, an, an,
Laudon rückt an, an, an,
Gennn–eral Laudon, Laudon rückt an.«

Just can't wait for the release date.

Never! Austria will be happy if they are left with Vienna and the Tyrol. :dada:

Yeah, this game will be great. Almost certainly the best and most enjoyable I have owned since the 90's. :thumbsup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Padreigh
Private

Mon May 25, 2009 4:52 pm

Sol Invictus wrote:Yeah, this game will be great. Almost certainly the best and most enjoyable I have owned since the 90's. :thumbsup:

Here's hoping. What I've seen so far caused me to start whistling "Prinz Eugenius, der edle Ritter" spontaneously out of happiness ... unfortunately I was at the office at that time. :mdr:

Return to “Rise of Prussia”