Patin
Conscript

Playing as Japan 80% rebel loyalty

Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:43 pm

Hello,
I am playing a GC as Japan from 1850, from 1857-1858 can't remember for sure the militancy of my population rose to 100 for all the country.
All my provinces except Edo display a 20% Japanese loyalty and 80% Rebel loyalty, Edo has a 100% Rebel loyalty.
I am now at 1868, nothing has changed I throw around all possible options available to lower militancy and some provinces lower the militancy but the loyalty thing remains the same. So I basically can not build any military unit, just economic buildings.
Meiji is in charge, I was expecting some event to end all this mess but nothing seems to change. I have to say no actual rebelion has taken place, I did not have to chase down any actual rebels.
Have I messed up somewhere? Is this normal?
I am playing with the Steam version.

Thanks.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Playing as Japan 80% rebel loyalty

Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:23 am

I think its ok, rebel loyalty as such is not a problem as long as you have no other unrest - its sort of an affiliation rather than active aim of revolt. So low loyalty and low militancy is fine (not ideal but its not a real problem), keeping militancy in check is probably the sensible choice to have made

Yes, you need to go past the 1868-9 civil war and then you can start to modernise and expand, you'll find you get a full range of options at that stage and start to expand into Korea etc.

edit: a quick look at the Japanese event chain suggests that most likely in late 1867 you should get the end of the Shogunate (this has a 25% chance per turn, starting from 1/11/1867 - the only condition for this is that Yoshinobu is dead (or at least is not the Shogun) (so if he is still alive it will be delayed.

Then the Boshin war (again a 25% chance per turn), you win it and then you'll find regions return to you and loyalty rapidly recovers.

Patin
Conscript

Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:42 am

Thanks loki100.
Just the next turn I posted this, I had the war. After a couple of more turns I could not advance (corrupt save or some issue I guess), I tried gowing back some turns but it failed to advance one more turn. I quit, started a game with Prussia and after some turns I decided to try and load again the Japan game, and now it worked (I love/hate this game) :dada: :dada:

I believe the war is over, I did not take Edo but I got the provinces back and the loyalty again. For some turns, my northern province structures where russian as they fought against the rebels (Russia is being really agressive in this game its stomping Sweden since day one) but now I don't know how returned to my hands.

Again thanks for your inmense commitment and help.

jccoluz
Private

Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:07 am

HI,

there are a lot of events, before the Boshin war fires, that transfer loyalty to the rebels in every provinces : so, this part is normal and should correct by itself once you win the war.

About the russian controlling your structures, this is an unwanted bug ( it happened to me later when I declared protectorate over Johore and the structures in Penang remained dutch !) : The Russian being at war with the rebels can take control of the formerly Japanese province but the event that fires at the end of the war fails to switch back ownership of structures ! you'll need to write an Event to get these back.

Something like this that you put at the begining of one of the event files :

SelectFaction = CMN
SelectRegion = $Brandenburg

StartEvent = ownershipchange1|1|2|Null|Null|$Brandenburg|NULL

Actions
SelectFaction = $JAP

SelectRegion = $Hakodate (or any other province name you need to change ownership)
ChangeRgnOwner = RUS

SelectRegion = $Fukushima (or any other province name you need to change ownership)
ChangeRgnOwner = RUS

EndEvent

Note the syntax of the ChangeRgnOwner command : you need to indicate the Faction Tag of the country you want to get the province from, in your case Russia (RUS).

Hope it helps.

bye

Patin
Conscript

Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:36 am

Thanks jccoluz,

3 turns later or so all structures returned to japanese ownership, I don't know if it was because of the game correcting the issue or be it because I sent some troops in assault position into the province. But all economical structures were mine again.
By reading the events, I see I still have a long path in front of me before I can start doing important stuff.

Thanks.

Return to “Pride of Nations”