Straight Arrow
General

Is it possible to annex or take ownership of Siam?

Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:55 am

I’m playing France, Viet Nam and Cambodia are my colonies and all of Siam has been conquered. All Siamese units have been destroyed, my war score is 100, and every area is garrisoned by mobile units and at 100 MC.

The above situation has been in effect for several game years. Siam has offered a peace deal multiple times; they only offer cash.

Is it possible to annex or take ownership of Siam?

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Re: Is it possible to annex or take ownership of Siam?

Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:39 pm

Not unless you have a claim on any of the provinces, afaik.

I wonder actually why the white peace mechanism doesn't kick in, in some situations like this.

Generally, it is a misconception that in PON the gain of land is a gain of power. It is not. Quite the contrary actually.

From an economic perspective it is shooting your own foot in most cases. AI countries are important as both, producers and customers while occupying them gives you no net gain, not even victory points (only those few you get for killing their units).

There is no strategic value outside of colonies or objectives. There are a few exceptions to this, but very few.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Is it possible to annex or take ownership of Siam?

Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:31 pm

I think Siam is one of those regions that you can't directly colonise, its akin to the modelling of Egypt and Persia in the game.

If you are not facing rebellions, then there is an advantage to the status quo. The population in your conquered territories want to buy your goods, so if you can produce simple stuff like grain/fish at a profit you now have a market - whereas these things are hard to sell via conventional trade.

Return to “Pride of Nations”