typhoon
Corporal

How to update the Paradox version

Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:50 pm

Hi hoping I can get some help getting the updates to work on my Paradox version of this game 1.01 works fine but when I update the game breaks after loading telling me I have a number of issues and leading me here. Any ideas welcome

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: How to update the Paradox version

Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:49 pm

Ok, this is a complete mess. Basically along with a lot else, Paradox f****d up the game keys so Matrix have no idea who has a genuine version and who doesn't. This has affected other games, notably the RuS upgrade to Gold where if you had bought off Paradox/GamersGate then they treated it as if you didn't own the original.

Now up to the last patch Matrix ignored this and simply let people upgrade by downloading from here.

so you should be able get up August work in progress patch from here - viewtopic.php?f=152&t=43333

beyond that no-one can, incl me and I did 80% of the work for the patch, esp sorting out the decisions and events, unless you bought from matrix.

I had my own amendments so could overwrite etc but in the course of a computer and work/house move I managed to wipe all the files and can't get them back (so can't share I'm afraid). The only solution is to rebuy from Matrix. Now if you do that during one of their main sales its pretty cheap but not ideal.

FWIW blame Paradox, Matrix inherited a mess and in a way ignored it for a couple of years in the way that patches were available. Equally the beta variant of the patch on the forum is not far off what went into the final one.

typhoon
Corporal

Re: How to update the Paradox version

Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:13 pm

Thank you Loki that worked and has got me to where I want to be.yes your right also come a sale and PON can be picked up from Matrix at a very reasonable price. :D though and many thanks

Return to “Pride of Nations”