czert2
Brigadier General

PoN2 or update to game ?

Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:04 pm

I have two questions
1. It is PoN 2 considered to be developed ?
2. It is here any patch which will make this game playable on 4k resolution ? Since now it looks ..well..bad.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: PoN2 or update to game ?

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:30 pm

1 - in my view (and this is purely my guess), the new engine would work well for a PoN2. Not least it is far easier to write branching decisions and events - something that is very hard in the current game script. Also in testing Empires, I remain really impressed at its speed - so the processing/slow turn issue should be removed.

Also the new game engine is happier with a dynamic world, even if you created a constrained design (so no world conquests Paradox style)

Is a new PoN at the top of the list - don't think so. Pocus has been clear that the goal is to bed the new game engine down with simpler more straightforward games so you might see say a 7 Years War game or the American Civil war first.

Stressing this is just me, but I could see PoN working brilliantly on the new game engine - most of the research is done, the key game play concepts are well tested. But it would still be a major piece of work to do and balance etc.

2. not sure what you mean? But being pragmatic, the last patch is it for PoN. A pity, but it does clear up some of the long standing issues but I doubt that anything that would need work on the .exe will be addressed.

czert2
Brigadier General

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:46 pm

What i meaned with 2 - is is realy simply, on 4k resolution (3840x2160) text is so much deformed that is very hard to read.

More moderm games/engine - RUS/TEAW works on 4k resolution absolutlely flawlesly.

ETF
Captain

Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:25 pm

Ya I had to reduce my resolution down to 1920x1200 just to read the text......too bad though. Would love to see a PON2.

Return to “Pride of Nations”