Morgan
Corporal

Strange white peace in U. S. Civil War

Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:25 pm

While playing the 1850 campaign, I watched the U. S. Civil War start in 1861 as usual, and I kept hopping over to North America from my country to watch how it went. The Union successfully invaded the Carolinas, from which they took both Atlanta and Richmond within a single year. The western theater also collapsed. It was a decisive victory.

However, in Early March of 1862, I got the message "As no significant military activity happens between United States of America and Confederate States of America, a white peace is now in effect." How did this happen? Has anyone else seen this before?

HerrDan

Re: Strange white peace in U. S. Civil War

Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:32 pm

Morgan wrote:While playing the 1850 campaign, I watched the U. S. Civil War start in 1861 as usual, and I kept hopping over to North America from my country to watch how it went. The Union successfully invaded the Carolinas, from which they took both Atlanta and Richmond within a single year. The western theater also collapsed. It was a decisive victory.

However, in Early March of 1862, I got the message "As no significant military activity happens between United States of America and Confederate States of America, a white peace is now in effect." How did this happen? Has anyone else seen this before?

I haven't played much the 1850 start, so it's been quite a while since I don't see the American Civil War happening, but I've seen this message many times in my current campaign, although, generally in wars between minors and not in such "big wars". If I were you I'd make the ACW event fire again :dada:

Morgan
Corporal

Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:30 am

Thanks for the advice, but it turns out that I didn't have to fire the event. Within another year, the Confederacy declared war on the United States, and so it has started up again on its own.

:blink:

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am

Morgan wrote:While playing the 1850 campaign, I watched the U. S. Civil War start in 1861 as usual, and I kept hopping over to North America from my country to watch how it went. The Union successfully invaded the Carolinas, from which they took both Atlanta and Richmond within a single year. The western theater also collapsed. It was a decisive victory.

I've had exactly the same happen. This peace should never happen as the war is set up so it can only end with victory and in my case the US was both winning and clearly on the offensive - so it wasn't one of those ghost wars where neither side was active

FishHeart
Civilian

Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:11 pm

Playing as the USA I had an early Sept. '62 white peace, while winning and with active battles the previous turn.

The turn after this I re-declared war on the CSA and after occupying all the CSA territories the war ended and the USA annexed back all regions in early-64.

The white peace disrupted the flow of my game, but it was a relief to know the war ended and I could move on with the current game.

Return to “Pride of Nations”