Palaiologos
Conscript

IMPRESSIONS and NOTES

Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:15 pm

This game just needs a few things sorted out and it will be great. Just finished my first 15 years, playing as Greece.

1. Managing to capture two Ottoman HQs they slowly regenerated back to full stretgh. I was fielding an Ottoman Army Corps in my Greek Army. For some reason this didnt happen in the second war with the Turks. Same thing happened with the Spanish in the Cuban war scenario. I captured a USA Army HQ and voila!

2. All this Austrian puppet states white peace the Serbs and Moldavians and then declare war again in support of Austria.

3. Austria and Russia seem to drag their small wars for ever. I am guessing Austria is occupying Belgrade for ever to get prestige points, instead of annexing the country, correct? Same with Russia and Sweden.

4. Cyprus, despite having a 90%(or something) ethnic Greek population has a 5% Loyalty towards Greece, 20% towards the Ottomans, 25% towards rebels and 50% towards Cyprus. 50% of the Cypriots wanting an independent Cyprus is a percentage that Cypriot politicians would dream about today, but not in 1850s. And whats the rebel Loyalty? Same thing in Krete. There are no decisions(with Greece at least) to influence the Loyalty of a province.

5. The Austrian Juggernaught declared war on me, their only casus belli being my temporary occupation of Salonika in a war against the Turks. Peacing out with the Turks to face that new threat, control of Salonika returned to the Ottoman Empire. Yet the war with the Austrians remained.

6. How does this thing with Generals work exactly? Both the starting Greek generals retire in 1865, in the middle of my war for survival with the Austrians, and nobody replaces them. I checked the data files, and there are generals that are supposed to come in 1860!. Could it be that they had been both promoted to Fieldmarshals before they retired that fucked the sequence up? Btw their original retirement dates were 1860 and 1863, dunno why they stick around untill 1865.

aedan01
Conscript

Re: IMPRESSIONS and NOTES

Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:48 am

Hello,

About the point 3 i think there is something wrong with the AI and the peace routine. I have the same problem: All Sweden is occupied by Russia from 10 years and there is no peace resolution. Same thing with Parma at war with Sardinia. All the Parma territory is occupied from many years and no peace treaty occurs.

Regards.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:04 pm

aedan01 wrote:Hello,

About the point 3 i think there is something wrong with the AI and the peace routine. I have the same problem: All Sweden is occupied by Russia from 10 years and there is no peace resolution. Same thing with Parma at war with Sardinia. All the Parma territory is occupied from many years and no peace treaty occurs.

Regards.

There are two parts to the problem. Sometimes the AI is holding something it can take (in theory) with a peace treaty - usually a province that is on its VP list. So its being 'logical', hang on for long enough, drive up the warscore and in theory the province can be transferred - this is the issue with Piedmont and Parma.

The second problem is when there is nothing it can take eg Russia/Prussia with Sweden.

There is a routine that ends wars if nothing is happening but it may be there is some residual action vs rebels or at sea which keeps the second set active.

There is no easy answer as I think this is in the .exe.

What I do every now and then is to make a list of all this wars and then write a script to end them, making any territorial changes I think are sensible. Not perfect, but its the best fix I can come up with.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

aedan01
Conscript

Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:17 pm

You're right for Parma and Sweden. The problem come from what you said. But it's a little boring to play with such condition. And, from my side, i don't know how to script something to stop the poblem. Sometime i have the feeling to have bought ( 2 times for me) a good game wich is not finish.

Morgan
Corporal

Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:07 am

This sounds similar to a problem I recently had. I was playing as Belgium, and Prussia declared war on me. I had no allies, so they easily crushed my army and occupied all of my territory. I was left with no ships or soldiers and a morale of 0. Surprisingly, the game didn't end. It just kept going. I had no capital, so the game wouldn't allow me to even submit a peace treaty. I just kept hitting "Next Turn" for several years and then decided it was a bug and quit the game.

Palaiologos
Conscript

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:26 am

The Russo-Swedish war in particular happens everytime with the new patch. Some times it drags that long that the Prussians invade too. Quite frankly if the Russians dont want any territory for themselves they could just take tons of money, make Sweden a puppet state, release Norway or expand Finland at the Swedes detriment.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:06 am

Palaiologos wrote:The Russo-Swedish war in particular happens everytime with the new patch. Some times it drags that long that the Prussians invade too. Quite frankly if the Russians dont want any territory for themselves they could just take tons of money, make Sweden a puppet state, release Norway or expand Finland at the Swedes detriment.

I don't think there is anything that can be done about this now. This patch was put together in spare time and realistically is probably the last. Maybe some future event based patches but I doubt much will change in the actual game code. There is no point now going over how Paradox (who owned AGEOD when the game was released) botched the whole process leaving it without proper funding for development.

To get rid of the wars and/or transfer a province you need something like this:

SelectFaction = CMN
SelectRegion = $Brandenburg

StartEvent = evt_nam_sortoutwars|1|1|Null|Null|$Brandenburg|NULL

Actions

SelectFaction = GER
SettleWhitePeace = ALL

SelectFaction = GER
SelectRegion = $Alsace
ChangeRgnOwner = FRA

EndEvent

Add it to any of the event text files, let it run and then delete. That is designed to force Germany to peace, so you'll need to replace GER with RUS or AUS or whoever.

It also shows you how to transfer a province. Select faction is who will gain, change is who currently owns the province.

You may need to look up factions and provinces in the various gamedata files.

If you need to run again, retitle sortoutwars as sortoutwars1 and so on.

Its not ideal but it works.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

aedan01
Conscript

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:36 pm

Thank you Loki. I try your script soon.

Regards.

Morgan
Corporal

Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:11 pm

In the end, I was able to get Prussia to end the war with Belgium by doing a ChangeFaction and forcing a peace. They were fighting Belgium to annex Luxemburg, which they had a claim on. I notice while looking through the menus that Luxemburg required a war score of 198 to transfer. That seems a bit high, isn't it? It would have taken much longer for them to get that much.

Perhaps the problem is how fast a country can gain war score.

aedan01
Conscript

Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:01 pm

For me the Changefaction don't work for the AI against AI wars.

Morgan
Corporal

Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:06 pm

aedan01 wrote:For me the Changefaction don't work for the AI against AI wars.

Here's a more direct method of stopping the war between Russia and Sweden. Go to the console and type:

DiploAdd RUS SWE 13

This forces a peace treaty between the two countries. To be used sparingly!

aedan01
Conscript

Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:04 pm

Thanks you Morgan.

Return to “Pride of Nations”