DavoM
Private

War of the Pacific - 1880GC

Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:25 pm

I note at the beginning of the 1880GC there is notification that the War of the Pacific is in progress and that Peru, Chile and Bolivia are at war. Is this just a flavour event added at the beginning of the campaign? I have been unable to even locate the event file this would be found in, as there seems to be no South American events apart from immigration (there are some for Central America including Mexico). As I would like to add some events to South America where would I find the Pacific War one?

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: War of the Pacific - 1880GC

Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:47 am

In the events directory ...\Pride of Nations\VGN\Events there are a few files for Latin America. A generic 'Latin American Crisis Events' seems mainly to deal with Nicaragua, there is a similar one just for Mexico and there are some specific immigration files for a few countries.

Oddly I can't find the 'war of the pacific' but sometimes not everything is where you'd expect it to be.

If you wanted to start fleshing out Latin America then the general file above would be a good place.

PhilThib

Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:56 am

DavoM wrote:I note at the beginning of the 1880GC there is notification that the War of the Pacific is in progress and that Peru, Chile and Bolivia are at war. Is this just a flavour event added at the beginning of the campaign? I have been unable to even locate the event file this would be found in, as there seems to be no South American events apart from immigration (there are some for Central America including Mexico). As I would like to add some events to South America where would I find the Pacific War one?

I believe it was added in the 1880 Campaign only and is not present in the GC

DavoM
Private

Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:13 am

Thanks guys, I still cannot find the actual reference but it's all good. A quick survey of the major events of the time in South America really didn't provide much more to add to the events in the game anyway, in that there were no major territorial changes that can be incorporated that are not already present in the 1850GC already. For example some of the borders of countries are simplified or accurate for a latter date so that, for instance, Paraguay cannot lose territory following their defeat in the War of the Triple Alliance as Argentina already owns the territory they ended up gaining. The only one I can simulate is the Chilean gains in the War of the Pacific with handing them territory from Bolivia and Peru, which is easy to script and can be done when the date arrives. Most other events involved the, often frequent, changes of leaders (caudillos) which many of the countries experience during this timeframe and that's already simulated in the Leaders file with their start and end dates.

Return to “Pride of Nations”