Steel_Crusader
Conscript

Save game and advance turn glitch

Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:00 am

For some reason, all my saved game files disappeared. I can still access the game I was playing by pressing "resume game". I tried to create new save file, but it still won't save game. The only way I can get in is by resuming game. Now I have another problem. When I press "advance turn" I get sent back to the main menu. Basically, my game won't save or advance turn. What can I do to fix this? I'd appreciate any help I can get. I don't want to lose my game.

Siegfroh
Major

Re: Save game and advance turn glitch

Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:46 am

I had a different though partly similar problem two weeks ago (latest patch 1.4.03). Saving the game was no problem. But whenever I pressed "advance turn", the game was saved instead and I was sent to the main menu. Reloading the game always yielded the same result.

Finally I solved it by restarting from an earlier savegame (I lost only four turns), which I had saved manually (copy-pasting the savegame files into another folder).

I don't know what the reason for my problem was, and remembered too late to have a look at the log files. They already had been overwritten. At least, after having re-started from the earlier savegame, the problem did not turn up again. Fingers crossed ;-)

corbaci
Civilian

Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:24 pm

Same problem. every 5-10 turns when I press the end turn button I am sent back to main menu. reloading, restarting the game or computer doesn't work. it seems only way to solve problem go back 1-2 turns and start again. it happens regularly and make the game unplayable.

Steel_Crusader
Conscript

Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:29 am

Has anyone else had the problem that your game won't save? What is a solution?

Return to “Pride of Nations”