MarshalJean
Lieutenant

Prussian influence diplo missions

Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:49 pm

Probably a question I should already know the answer to, but I've never played Prussia before in this game (only France, thus far). In terms of using the influence decision cards on north German minors, what should be the goal? I know there are events I will receive that will lead to the Holstein crisis, war with Austria (if I want it), and Franco-Prussian War, but as I play the cards I can see that my loyalty in targeted nations rises. What is the target I should be shooting for? Over 50%? Am I waiting for an event to fire for each German minor before I begin targeting another one?

Thanks in advance!

MJ

PhilThib

Re: Prussian influence diplo missions

Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:46 am

The goal is to raise the Prussian loyalty as much as possible in all German minor states. When the level is high enough in a country (over 60%), some random dice rolls are made (based on the %, so the higher the better) and, if successful, there is a further increase of loyalty AND a chance that the minor accepts unification (you'll be informed).

This works better if there are no wars, especially with Austria.

This mechanism is provided to allow peaceful political unification, via those decisions, rather than counting on events that may sometimes not happen or not unfold as planned.

Return to “Pride of Nations”